2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clutch Release / Throw Out Bearing

Does any know of someone who makes an upgrade performance or racing , for this part ?

Are the throw out bearing included in some stage 1&2 clutch kits upgraded from oem?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Clutch Release / Throw Out Bearing

Does any know of someone who makes an upgrade performance or racing , for this part ?

Are the throw out bearing included in some stage 1&2 clutch kits upgraded from oem?
I'm not sure what would constitute a high perf TO brg...? Ability to operate at a higher rpm? Bigger/more rolling elements to accept higher clutch diaphragm finger forces?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda all the above .... Im just finding that with pushing the car hard at the track its a weak point in the clutch and so is the rear main seal.
The OEM made by exedy is not lasting. replaced oem to upgraded oem when it died about 4 years ago. This current one is on its way out (pardon the pun)

I know some clutch supplier have better than oem with stage 1 or higher clutchs like ACT for the speed3 (throwout looks beefy) but just a pilot bearing for the Mazda 3 GX no ACT throwout
I reached out to other clutch peeps to find out what throw out is included - oem equivalent or is it upgraded - like XCLUTCH and others

Reactions: Cdn17Sport6MT

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there are no real upgraded OEM Clutch release / Throw out bearings

Possible that SACH make a better version of the OEM but would not say upgraded

But with all this inquiry / search i did uncover that XClutch Stage 1 clutch makes something that
lands between a Exedy Stage 1 and Exedy stage 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts