2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal starts to squeak and feel rough (slight rubbing/sticking feeling) after my car warms up (after 5-10 miles around town) on my 2012 Skyactiv 6-speed, 65,000mi. Video linked below. I took the video after parking it in the driveway after my commute home. It's much louder from outside the car. Doesn't matter if engine is on or off. But if it's cold (from startup in the morning for first 5-10 miles) clutch is smooth and quiet.

I asked the dealer about it today and they think it's the pressure plate and want $1,700 for a full clutch replacement. It doesn't slip or grind on shifts. They obviously didn't actually take it apart and look at it, they are just making their best judgement on the noise. I'm hoping to get a second opinion, both here in the forum and from a local tranny shop. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok the noise is definitely coming from the slave. It's so obvious after having someone actuate the pedal while I looked under the hood. I pulled the boot back and shot some grease in there, I'm thinking if that doesn't solve it then I might need to do some more disassembly to gain access and grease it more. I'll report back after I can do some driving.

UPDATE: So far, so good. It hasn't been incredibly warm here (which makes the squeak worse) but I didn't have any symptoms all weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts