2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rubber side down
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while searching for other OEM part numbers:

My 2016 sGT (Japan built) matches part numbers with the clutch parts for the 2016 Mazda 6 GT

These part numbers are from Mazdaswag.com

Disc: PY01-16-460
Pressure Plate: PY01-16-410
Flywheel: PY01-16-610A
Fork: PY01-16-520

ACT and Exedy still have no clutch options for the Mazda6, but Clutch Masters did turn up results. They offer up kit options ranging through all their friction materials, sprung and unsprung, an aluminum single mass flywheel, and fitment for both the OEM dual mass flywheel and their single mass aluminum flywheel.

Clutch Masters Mazda 6 application

There still, however, are no results on CM for the 3rd gen Mazda 3. So if the OEM part numbers match across the 3 and 6, why shouldn't the aftermarket options? Can anybody corroborate the sharing of the OEM parts so that perhaps someone may eventually experiment with one of the offerings for the Mazda 6?

-CR

·
Awesome Member
41 Posts
Seems reasonable to anticipate that marching part numbers would confirm compatibility. Hopefully this is a sign that ACT and Exedy are not far behind in offering lightweight flywheels; LWFW is one of my favorite mods to improve responsiveness.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any news on this? It used to be that the 3 and mx5 shared a clutch did it not? Is this no longer the case? I would like to change clutches and reduce flywheel weight. I emailed ACT, but I am not holding my breath.

·
Rubber side down
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been dropping by ACT and Exedy's web sites from time to time just to see if anything new popped up to no avail.

Seems reasonable to anticipate that marching part numbers would confirm compatibility. Hopefully this is a sign that ACT and Exedy are not far behind in offering lightweight flywheels; LWFW is one of my favorite mods to improve responsiveness.
It makes sense that shared OEM part numbers would yeild the same aftermarket replacement parts, but if that is the case, why wouldn't CM list applications specific for the Mazda 3 that share the same OEM parts with the Mazda 6? I would understand if they needed to test fit to confirm before listing them, so that must be the reason.

If nothing pops up from ACT or Exedy, I will most likely drop a CM single mass flywheel and clutch in when the factory bits go out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think I am going to have to act soon, I drug a camper around for 16k mikes. I really hope I can find something worth buying, hate to replace with upgrading

1 - 5 of 5 Posts