2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a loud click a few times on first depressing the clutch pedal after the car has been standing a while without the key fob on me. Has anyone noticed this? Is this perhaps a lock or something similar engaging / disengaging? I don't have any problems in normal driving. I've only done 5000 miles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have experiencing the same issues, I thought it was just the pressure plate stuck to the flywheel. Just like you park the car when the brakes are hot, brake pads sticks to the rotor. That’s what I thought, not sure if I’m correct.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have experiencing the same issues, I thought it was just the pressure plate stuck to the flywheel. Just like you park the car when the brakes are hot, brake pads sticks to the rotor. That’s what I thought, not sure if I’m correct.

I've never had a stuck clutch pressure plate like you suggest in 40+ years of driving. What would cause that on a one year old car after only 5000 miles?

·
Rubber side down
272 Posts
I wouldn't call it a click, but it seems more like what amos.x is explaining. There is a bit of a muffled, metal 'ping' sound when I depress the clutch for the first time most days. There is tension being stored somewhere and it gets released when the clutch pedal is pressed. My car has over 40k miles on it and the clutch feels the same as it always has so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wouldn't call it a click, but it seems more like what amos.x is explaining. There is a bit of a muffled, metal 'ping' sound when I depress the clutch for the first time most days. There is tension being stored somewhere and it gets released when the clutch pedal is pressed. My car has over 40k miles on it and the clutch feels the same as it always has so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks for your clarification curvyroads !

My car is almost 65k km and it sounds normal to me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts