2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear an unusual clunk maybe with a little squeak (not very loud) when shifting. It's most noticeable when shifting from 1st-3rd. I brought the car dealer last week the mechanic went for a ride with me and could hear it but thought it was normal. He thought it might have been just engine torque sound (his words).

He seemed to think it was fine. He told me to bring it back if it seemed to get worse, he said he checked the motor mounts and they appeared fine. My bumper to bumper warranty is done in April then I'll have the power train warranty. The sound does seemed to have increase slightly since I bought it last moth...It may just be me being paranoid. Anyone else hear of this or know what's common to look for?

2010 Mazdaspeed 3

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
My 2012 speed is very clunky too. Even when i try to shift as slow as possible i still get a clunk in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. usually doesnt do it from 4th-6th. I'd say its probably a normal thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
have you guys checked your engine/trans mounts?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The trans mount is under the battery box... so you'll have to remove the battery and cover box

Reactions: scott5626

·
Registered
368 Posts
My car is a ms3 2013 tech pak 4 months old and since the first month I've had this chunk noise when shifting in the first gears.
Although the sound is not all the time. I've gotten use to it, oh welllll!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those are the prices we have to pay if owning a speed 3

·
Registered
368 Posts
Reactions: AustinSpeed3
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.