2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver door on my 2005 Mazda 3s is stuck locked. I had walked back to my car and the key fob didn't unlock the driver door, all other doors responded normally. No clicks or any indication of an attempt to unlock the driver door. The door also didn't open with the key from outside or the handle inside. From what I've seen it looks like I need to replace the door lock actuator but all I find are ways to replace it with the door open so that the inside panels can be removed for better access. Is there a way to unlock the door manually or remove the inner panels while the door is closed? I'm also open to any other workarounds. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reach outside to use the key on the outer door lock and inside pull the lock knob above the handle at the same time. This combination made a connection that triggered the door to unlock. Key fob then worked for a short time before losing strength and stopping, but having the door open allowed me to remove the door paneling to access the door lock actuator for repairs. Mine was dying but not dead so this may not work if the actuator has 0 functionality left.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't understand the problem.
The key and the inside lever are bot mechanical. They should work regardless of the actuator, which is electrical. IF the fob doesn't open the door, the most likely thing is a weak fob battery. I think you have 2 problems.

I would go through the mechanical linkages between the latch and lever and the key cylinder and latch, and change the fob battery.

Does that make sense to you or is something else going on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts