2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a brand new 2015 Mazda 3 i Touring model with the Technology package last Wednesday. I'm liking it, but twice now I've had issues with the lock being off.

The first time I was sitting in the parking lot at the mall waiting for the GF. I looked up at the clock and thought boy, it's later than that isn't it? Sure enough it was about 25 minutes slow. I went into the clock settings and cycled the GPS sync setting on and off a few times. Each time I turned it on, it got a couple minutes closer to the correct time.

It happened again tonight when I was sitting outside of a business I'd stopped at for work while I was writing down some notes from a meeting. The clock seemed to be stuck forever on 4:00, and it was actually 4:10 or so.

Is this a known issue? I tried a quick google search and didn't quite find what I was looking for.

Looks like my software version is 33.500 iirc

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've never seen that problem, but I can't use the GPS sync, it thinks I am in a different time zone so it is always an hour off. Once I turned off GPS sync and set the time manually, its been perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more playing around and I think I figured out what was going on. Both times that happened I was sitting in the car for a while. I'd been turning it on for the a/c for a few minutes then shutting the engine off and just had the radio going (Like if the key was in the acc position, if the car had a key....)

I looked at the Nav/GPS Info screen and it looks like sometimes when you do that the UTC time freezes and stops updating. Pretty sure the clock stops syncing up then too. Had to shut it off then turn it on again to fix it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe try upgrading your infotainment to the latest and greatest? I'm still on version 20 something though, so maybe my advice isn't the greatest? :laugh2:
Downloads
Instructions

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen several times when I had V27. Figured that upgrading to V33.5 fixed it but if you're still seeing this issue it must be an ongoing bug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts