2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ian'sDGM3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mazda 3 i touring with about 13k on it. Anyone ever hear a clank/clinking metal noise in the front tranny/engine area. It happens on the first drive of the day when the car is cool and you take off or go over a bump. Sounds like a motor/tranny mount item. It goes away by the time I get to work which is weird. All I can think of is rubber mount expanding once its warm then noise goes away. Its pretty loud when it does happen.. A co-worker and myself recreated the noise by just holding the break and getting the engine to bounce/move around. It doesn't affect anything, but the noises in this car are starting to add up and feels like it has 150k on it.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Probably the rear motor mount. Theyre made by ford and suck ass. So you can live with it or upgrade haha. A new oem one will still suck

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
they are made by ford Even on the 2012 mazda skyactiv models?
I'm not sure about skyactivs. Wouldn't surprise me. Search this forum a little with the search button. I think someone had this issue before but I can't remember.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I can't find any ford branded stuff on my 3. This car is made in Japan and all parts are manufactured in japan. Ford doesn't have a japanese part producer.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I can't find any ford branded stuff on my 3. This car is made in Japan and all parts are manufactured in japan. Ford doesn't have a japanese part producer.
My spark plugs say FoMoCo lol.

Reactions: SSRage

·
1,577 Posts
Is English your first language?

When is the last time you had your eyes checked?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts