2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

My 2019 Mazda 3 when having the climate control on, blows really warm air. I have it at 15.5deg C and it’s still blowing warm air and only when I put it on “Lo” it blows colder air.

is this because the temperature is set to the cabin temperature? Even if that’s the case, I find it impossible to think that 15.5Deg C should be blowing hot air. I’ve driven it for 1.5 hours and it still blows warmer air at 15.5 Deg C.

I called the service techs at my dealership and they said there’s no bulletin for that kind of issue in my car. I live in Canada if that helps.
Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem, I am in Australia. I went to my dealer and they got it in for “repair” but apparently they couldn’t find and issue so they reported it to Mazda Co. They then said that it is most likely a software issue but so far there are no available updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem, I am in Australia. I went to my dealer and they got it in for “repair” but apparently they couldn’t find and issue so they reported it to Mazda Co. They then said that it is most likely a software issue but so far there are no available updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah this is super annoying... Does the car not blow any cool air for you? Even with AC? I’m assuming it’s pretty warm all the time in Australia? It was recently -40deg C here. It was absolutely frigged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey folks,

My 2019 Mazda 3 when having the climate control on, blows really warm air. I have it at 15.5deg C and it’s still blowing warm air and only when I put it on “Lo” it blows colder air.

is this because the temperature is set to the cabin temperature? Even if that’s the case, I find it impossible to think that 15.5Deg C should be blowing hot air. I’ve driven it for 1.5 hours and it still blows warmer air at 15.5 Deg C.

I called the service techs at my dealership and they said there’s no bulletin for that kind of issue in my car. I live in Canada if that helps.
Thanks,
I have had the same problem. I am from the toronto area

took my car to the dealer and they said that the car is suppose to do that when its really cold out.

They stated it doesnt matter if you have auto climate turned on or not, if its cold outside car will blow warm air even if the temperature is set to 17, 18, 19

Load of BS but what can you do

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

took my car to the dealer and they said that the car is suppose to do that when its really cold out.

They stated it doesnt matter if you have auto climate turned on or not, if its cold outside car will blow warm air even if the temperature is set to 17, 18, 19

There was a guy from Toronto as well on this forum and he mentioned that his dealership said there was a software update? Like I don’t know how some dealerships can say that and some say it’s fine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you search before posting? Theres already a thread and someone posted the TSB in it.
I told the dealership about it but they don’t recognize TSB from the US. They told me there are no current bulletins regarding the climate control issue. I was just trying to see if that was the case outside of the US for other people.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My car feels approximately 7°F off on the automatic climate control. In previous cars I'm usually set at 68°F during Winter months. I have to keep this car at 61°F (the lowest it will go before the Low setting) to feel the same. Where it sucks is if I'm dressed really warm for work and the lowest it will go is 68°F actual. It will be 20°F outside and I'm cracking a window to not pass out from a heat stroke lol.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I told the dealership about it but they don’t recognize TSB from the US. They told me there are no current bulletins regarding the climate control issue. I was just trying to see if that was the case outside of the US for other people.
If it happens to US cars that are built in Japan, why do they think it wouldnt happen to CA cars also made in Japan?

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is a Canadian TSB for it: TSB # 07-19-02.

·
Registered
5 Posts

It was doing it to me when it was 60F (15-16C) just a few weeks ago. On my way to the Dr's, sweating my ass off. I got the TSB fix and it still does it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My issue goes away after 10 minutes then you have to re-adjust. Then it is good until the car cools down. I got the software update and still have the problem. I do have to say, the car can heat up faster than any I ever had.

I have the feeling there are some serious software problems in the climate control. It just seems like the behavior is a bit goofy and indeterminate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The TSB is 07-006/19. It is for 2019 Mazda3s built in Japan and Mexico before June 19 2019. They say the problem is that it blows warm air for 10 minutes at startup between 16-25 c or 61 to 77F.

I had the problem for longer than 10 minutes and at temps well below the range. My first solution was to drive with the windows open even when it was well below freezing. I almost sold the car before I had the fix done 3 weeks ago. I have no complaints now.

Read the warnings in the other post and proceed with caution. Apparently if they mess up doing the repair (or apparently a few other repairs) the system can shut down and they have to get someone to help them fix it. I would go with a big dealer with a good service reputation.

Good luck and post if you have success in getting a dealer to fix it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The TSB is 07-006/19. It is for 2019 Mazda3s built in Japan and Mexico before June 19 2019. They say the problem is that it blows warm air for 10 minutes at startup between 16-25 c or 61 to 77F.

I had the problem for longer than 10 minutes and at temps well below the range. My first solution was to drive with the windows open even when it was well below freezing. I almost sold the car before I had the fix done 3 weeks ago. I have no complaints now.

Read the warnings in the other post and proceed with caution. Apparently if they mess up doing the repair (or apparently a few other repairs) the system can shut down and they have to get someone to help them fix it. I would go with a big dealer with a good service reputation.

Good luck and post if you have success in getting a dealer to fix it for you.
Are you saying that TSB fixed your car climate control when it was longer than 10 minutes as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked over TSB 07-006/19 (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165346-0001.pdf ), and the last 6 (138629) of my VIN fall above the affected vehicles (126602), but I'm definitely experiencing weirdness. I'm in Florida so I don't blast much heat, but it was 30F this morning. Didn't have the A/C compressor on, but 'Lo' with fan on first setting would blow cold/ambient, and anything above it was blowing super hot. Drive to work was only about 15 minutes, so I didn't get to test any longer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts