2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I like to have fresh air slightly circulating in my cars and usually have the fan set at 1, the mode to defrost/floor, and the temperatures to 71/71. I never touch it and leave it like that. It was set like this in my Mazda6 without issue. But with the Mazda3, the fan blows cold air to the left vent right by my hand on the steering wheel when the temps are hot outside. The A/C light is off but the air is definitely cooled. When it's cooler out, the fan blows warm air. The other day, I turned it off because I don't want strain on my A/C system and it still blew cold air for the remainder of my drive. This morning I left it off and it's not blowing air at all.

When I first set it to my preference when the car is on, the A/C light always comes on automatically, probably because of defrost. I quickly press the A/C button to turn it off. I've been doing this for the year I've had the car now but beginning to realize the A/C is most likely on when it's warmer out and I'm straining my A/C, even though the light is off.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is the A/C really on even with the light off? Can someone else try this and report back? A/C off, fan at 1 or 2, mode set to defrost/floor, fresh outside air, temp at 71/71.

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
So, I like to have fresh air slightly circulating in my cars and usually have the fan set at 1, the mode to defrost/floor, and the temperatures to 71/71. I never touch it and leave it like that. It was set like this in my Mazda6 without issue. But with the Mazda3, the fan blows cold air to the left vent right by my hand on the steering wheel when the temps are hot outside. The A/C light is off but the air is definitely cooled. When it's cooler out, the fan blows warm air. The other day, I turned it off because I don't want strain on my A/C system and it still blew cold air for the remainder of my drive. This morning I left it off and it's not blowing air at all.

When I first set it to my preference when the car is on, the A/C light always comes on automatically, probably because of defrost. I quickly press the A/C button to turn it off. I've been doing this for the year I've had the car now but beginning to realize the A/C is most likely on when it's warmer out and I'm straining my A/C, even though the light is off.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is the A/C really on even with the light off? Can someone else try this and report back? A/C off, fan at 1 or 2, mode set to defrost/floor, fresh outside air, temp at 71/71.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Yeah, mine does the same thing when I have air flow aimed at windshield. Even with the AC light off, I'm still getting much cooler/ drier air. Wish there was a way to disable that, since at times I want fresh air, not air conditioning, aimed towards windshield.

Reactions: EadzaM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same issue here. Though I wouldn't worry about straining your AC unit. I can't remember if it's this car or my previous vw but the owners manual recommended running the ac a minimum of monthly to maintain lubrication in the compressor. I had previously tried to avoid ac use for fuel and performance reasons , but it seems it's better to use your AC regularly vs not.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
my dual auto climate control button failed,its stuck in with no light even though it was at times annoying I wish it worked. it is a bit of a manual now .of course it happened one day out of warranty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts