2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. Last night, I was driving home. It was very very cold outside so I had the temperature inside set to 75. At this point the "dual climate" control button was not on. Then, all of a sudden, the "dual climate" control button turned on, BY ITSELF, and turned the passenger side of the car down to 60 degrees. Naturally, I turned the dual button back off and tried to remember if I had some psychotic episode, blacked out, and pushed the button without knowing. Then, it did it again. This time, the temperature started dropping slowly until I deactivated the dual button again. Has anyone run into this issue? Having just been through the whole 2nd gear grind issue, my driver's side window beginning to rattle (I've read on this already), and now this, I'm beginning to regret my decision to buy this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys have been a big help already and I hope this isn't something big since I absolutely LOVE this car...probably the most enjoyable, fun car I've ever owned. Thanks.

Nic

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Just curious as to what were the rest of your settings on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is an auto climate button on our cars if you have tech package is that on
Not sure. I'll have to read the manual on that. I believe when it occurred, I had the defroster going, AC off, and circulate off. What concerns me, is that the actual temperature on the passenger side started dropping on its own...weird.

·
Registered
246 Posts
doesnt happen to me not sure what up

·
Registered
246 Posts
possibly

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Some setting. Take to dealer and ask about personalization features and see if it is one of those messing up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm guessing the knob is catching between positions. I have a similar issue arise with the dash dimmer knob if I'm in night mode. My car will start beeping for no reason, & only stops after I turn the dimmer knob. Maybe your passenger temperature knob is having similar issues. It might be worn prematurely, or it might just be landing between positions, causing it to bounce into the lower side repeatedly. I haven't had this issue myself, & I'm at 76k miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I gotta go to the dealer to pick up a part so I'll just ask when I'm in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts