2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone else has this problem. I have an 08/2014 Mazda 3 Touring with safety pack. At about 3000kms I noticed an faint clicking noise, not a rattle, coming from the sensor cluster around the rear view mirror. The noise only happens on rough finished roads and stops when I apply pressure to the cover of the sensor cluster. It's only faint and doesn't irritate my wife but I seem to spend my whole time driving the car listening out for the noise. It's doing my head in. The click has been lessened by removing the cover, unclipping the sensors and putting a small blob of blu tac where the sensors make contact with the base plate which is bonded to the screen. It's only very minor but figured I've paid a lot of my hard earned money on this car and it should not misbehave at 3000kms. Any suggestions would be welcome. Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same. It got worse for me tho, I almost always can hear the sound and it makes me want to drive off a cliff. Made a complaint to the dealer a month ago, they took it apart and put it back together (or at least that's what they said). The noise was gone for a few days but it's back now so I'm taking it back this Tuesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts