2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring, and we love the sporty suspension of the Mazda 3 alongside its spectacular gas mileage. However, we have noticed this clicking or tapping noise that comes from the front driver's side at highway speeds in excess of 50 mph. The sound does not change when the air conditioner is adjusted, on or off, and the plastic splash guard underneath the vehicle is properly fastened. Perhaps it could be some of the plastic inside of the front-left wheel well, but I am unsure as everything appears to be normal. Due to the fact that the issue occurs only at higher rates of speed, it seems to be turbulence from the incoming air. Other ideas might include a bent dust shield, wire or something tapping behind the dashboard, or another rattling piece of hardware. Here is a link to a video on YouTube with the car making the sound, perhaps you have heard it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1JLYAbc7Ag

Thanks for your suggestions,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a solution, but my 2008 3i makes this noise as well. It seems to be wind related, and happens at speeds above 45-50 mph. The smoothness of the road and the outside temperature has no effect on it whatsoever. I have also noticed that it gets louder on my local two lane highway when a car or track passes from the other direction. It started happening about a year ago, not long after I had some minor body work done on the front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts