2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the Morimoto Black Series 2.5 in for sale and was wondering if that would actually clean up our cut off line. Just wondering if anyone's done it to there HID outfitted or retrofitted cars. Thoughts and recommendations?

·
Rubber side down
268 Posts
Visit theretrofitsource.com for a good look at parts you can obtain. Your other option is to get a set of Honda S2000 projectors plucked out of wrecked salvage on ebay and use those. S2000s have always been one of the best donors for HID projectors. Razor sharp cutoff with good color band (if that is your thing).

Do some research online before you attempt anything drastic just to get an idea of what you will be getting into if you do decide to do a full retrofit.

Good luck!

-CR

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Visit theretrofitsource.com for a good look at parts you can obtain. Your other option is to get a set of Honda S2000 projectors plucked out of wrecked salvage on ebay and use those. S2000s have always been one of the best donors for HID projectors. Razor sharp cutoff with good color band (if that is your thing).

Do some research online before you attempt anything drastic just to get an idea of what you will be getting into if you do decide to do a full retrofit.

Good luck!

-CR
Whats wrong with the cutoff line?
I totally don't think anything is wrong with the cutoff line but like Curvy said I'm looking for a more sharp cutoff with a good color band. I know the practicality of actually doing it might not be highest on the list with the install being a little difficult and the actual benefit is more personal preference but I am just looking into if someone's done it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did it and like the nice blue line, personally not worth the cost though, had it done while having HID fogs put in, which I love, and they really have beautiful cut of lines. The HID fogs give about 250% more light I would guise and not a problem for oncoming traffic. Also with the clear lens you get just a tad more light.

If I can find before and after pics I will post, but it was a while ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts