2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use Meguiar's Scratch X or other solvents to remove scratches? I just noticed there are streaks across the hood right below the wipers. I have a feeling the dealer did it when they washed the car without asking me. It's still smooth and didn't appear to dig into the clear coat but you can notice the lines where they tried to wipe something down. One of the washers probably used a dirty towel =/.

I don't want to sound OCD or anything but it's kind of annoying because it a new car. You can't really notice it unless you were are looking closely. If those solvents work then I'll use it just so I can get it off my mind. I've checked the other forums on this site and some say they work and some don't. If not I'll just forget about it until I get a full detail done. I will take pics and post them shortly.

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
If it's not through the clear coat, maybe when Spring/Summer hits you can do a full detail including polish to get rid of those scratches

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just get a good polish compound, depending on the depth of the scratches. I'd recommend, Menzerna PO203 (PF2500) if they are deep, Menzerna PO85RD (SF4500) if they aren't that bad. Then finish it off with a good wax or sealant.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the pic in the garage. Lighting was worse outside because it's cloudy. There are fine lines that go across the top part of the hood where the black line is, like someone was wiping back and forth. The arrow is pointing to the scratches.

If I glide my finger tip over the visibly scratched areas it still feels like glass. Since the paint is dark it was only noticeable with the flash. So I'm sure the clear-coat is fine. I guess a good wax and polish should remove it. It's my first brand new car. I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I'm over the first scratch.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Took the pic in the garage. Lighting was worse outside because it's cloudy. There are fine lines that go across the top part of the hood where the black line is, like someone was wiping back and forth. The arrow is pointing to the scratches.

If I glide my finger tip over the visibly scratched areas it still feels like glass. Since the paint is dark it was only noticeable with the flash. So I'm sure the clear-coat is fine. I guess a good wax and polish should remove it. It's my first brand new car. I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I'm over the first scratch.
Looks like they were trying to rub out the adhesive line from the body wrap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like they were trying to rub out the adhesive line from the body wrap.
Definitely. I have a thin line of adhesive there that will not come off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts