2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 Mazda used about 3 months ago and when cleaning the car i noticed the clear coat is peeling on both the bumpers. I have a 5 year warranty on the car since it was certified will it be covered? Will my Simota intake and corksport exhaust void my warranty? I called the dealer i bought it from and the lady at the desk said they dont paint there and gave me some bullshit answer. I have a dealer by my house but i didnt get the car there. Should i go to the dealer i bought my car from and show them? Is it even worth dealing with the dealer? Or should i just take the bumpers off and pay some place to clear coat them? So many questions...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, it absolutely is worth going to the dealership. Your intake doesn't affect the warranty on the paint. I would take it to the dealership closest to you.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You do not have to take your car to the mazda dealer you bought the car from. Also they can not void your warranty because you have performance parts on your car unless they can somehow prove that they caused your paint to start to peel.

Was the car new when you got it? Like are you the first owner? It is weird that the clear coat would be peeling on it so soon, if it was not brand new id wonder if there might have been previous damage to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it at 20k. And carfax said it was in a Small accident in the front. I looked into it and had the car checked out before I bought it. It's just weird because it's both bumpers.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Yeah but an accident wasnt reported, it wont show up on carfax. See if you can call the previous owner, ask them if something happened that wasnt reported because the paint is peeling and where the car was fixed at, then go yell at that body shop. Just my .02

·
Registered
633 Posts
You say you bought the car used, it sounds to me like the bumpers have already been repainted if the clear is peeling, it means poor prep work before painting. Take it any body shop to confirm if in fact the bumpers were painted, and if so you are out of luck.
Pat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts