2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Clear Bra

Tags
bra clear
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gunner 
#1 ·
This is something I have really been wondering about in my whoppong two days of ownership. Has anybody had one of these on their car? Or even one better, has anyone done the installation themselves? It sounds like a person could save a bundle if they did it themselves. I'm just wondering how hard that would be.

#3 ·
Are you talking about those transparent vinyl stickon mask kits? I've seen those, and they're hardly noticeable. I don't know if they will yellow from UV over time or anything, that would be one of my concerns. I also don't know how easily they scratch/spiderweb under repeated washing and drying.

They are rather difficult to put on. If you are very patient and careful, you can save a bunch of money. You'll need sharp fresh razor blades, a spray bottle of soapy water, masking tape, and a decal squeegee to work the water and bubbles out.

#5 ·
Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. The one I am looking into is made by 3M, so I would say it is great quality. I found a guy about 45 minutes away from my house that does installs. I plan on calling him in the next couple of days to check out prices. I let you know what the "ball park" figure is.

#4 ·
my gf got a 16" clear bra on the hood, and also had some on the cargo loading area, front of the bumper where the mazda logo is and also on the mirrors. it's not very noticeable on her color and it's got a lifetime warranty against yellowing
you just have to wax it like you wax your car and it'll stay clean and nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.