2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Clear Bra Film - 3M or SunTech?

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  acommonsoul 
#1 ·
Which of the two films would provide the better long-term protection or are they about the same quality? The 3M or the SunTech clear film? Both films come with a 5-year warranty.

I believe with the thinner clear coats and base paints, rock chips will become more commonplace on newer cars. The film provides good protection.

#5 ·
I just saw some 3M Spray on protectant demostrated at a car show yesterday. When it goes on it looks textured but it needs to be let to dry and it goes smooth. Looked pretty neat and when it dried it pulled off in one large piece. You would have to be sure to lay in on pretty thick to make sure it works and is easy to remove.
Anyone else see this?

#6 ·
^ 3M Paint Defender, I've seen some cases where it's given days to cure and doesn't settle in or go smooth. I've been keeping my eye on it but don't really want to spend the money unless I'm pretty sure it will work. I've heard one big tip with removing it is a good coat of wax beforehand.

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl
#9 ·
From what I have seen, it is best to have a professional do it.

#13 ·
buy it from an authorized dealer / installer that way you get all the paperwork for your warranty / guarantee.

Reactions: genbu
#15 ·
If you never installed it and you don't do window tint, I would NOT recommend trying to install it yourself. It's a lot harder than you think and like those DIY window tint jobs, it always comes out looking really bad. Pay a pro to do it or you will end up paying twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.