2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum and found many of you use InvisibleGlass to clean the tinted windows inside. What other products do you guys use?

I never used any glass cleaner before on a tinted glass., but I'll give the InvisibleGlass a try. For tinted window cleaning, I usually:

- prepare a spray bottle with water and a little bit of dish detergent
- spray and lightly wipe off with a paper tower to get rid of grime
- wet CLEAN microfiber with distill water and clean off the soap and any other residue not cleaned off
- use dry CLEAN microfiber to remove streaks and buff clean​

On the outside, I've been using Windex and squeezy to clean off the grime and follow the same routine above using wet microfiber and finish off with dry microfiber. I personally think using a good microfiber cloth does the trick. I've used variety of glass cleans with various paper based wipers and they all left a little bit of streak. Using a microfiber, even with plain distilled water, removed all the streaks.

The downside is maintaining a good supply of VERY CLEAN micro fiber towels ready. I've used newspaper before, but found microfiber to be the best. A dirty towel, could leave a scratch.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I use this. Glass Cleaner | Sprayway Inc. | Pioneers in Aerosols since 1947 You can buy it anywhere. Home Depot, Walmart and your local supermarket all carry it. Works great. Spray it on a 90/10 or 80/20 microfiber towel to clean your windows then turn the towel to a dry side and buff it till the window is dry and crystal clear. It's very easy to use and doesn't streak or ruin your tinted windows.

It's ammonia free which is the key to not ruining your tinted windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaving FYI for future readers: Compared the three on various cars:
- distilled water
- InvisibleGlass
- GlassCleaner

All clean very well provided that I use a good microfiber towel. GlassCleaner had the most "stuff" to clean off, followed by water and InvisibleGlass.

GlassCleaner and the InvisibleGlass looked the cleanest... but left a slight film/whitish leftover if not really buff/clean off using 2nd clean towel.

I already had the "GlassCleaner" at home. Main use was on headlights with bug splatter.

Personal Preference: I think I will primarily use InvisibleGlass.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Newspaper on tint. Isn't that going to put micro scratches in the tint?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The guy who tinted my car told me only the cheap tints will turn purple with ammonia cleaner. He told me to just use windex on the high end Lumar tint I have when I asked what cleaner to use. Considering he's given me a lifetime warranty I'm guessing he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
InvisibleGlass update:
It seems to contain highly volatile solvent. It makes my eyes water when used in a confined space and if you touch a plastic, it will leaves a white circular spot.

Finally, after few days, the glass develops white film/dust. I think it leaves some film on the glass to facilitate light transmission so it looks clear when applied initially, but the glassy look deteriorates with being exposed to sunlight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts