2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty disappointing. First off, everything suspension is stock. Nothing is caught in the wheel well or anything stupid like that.

Last night as I was driving home, as I pulled away from a stoplight I heard a continued clunking noise. It's not very loud, but with no radio, or the radio low you can definitely hear it. I guess I would compare the noise to heavy rain hitting a house window, or maybe like driving through gravel and pieces hitting your car. Regardless, I've had the car about a year now, and as you can see I don't do much driving on it. I don't autox, there are no potholes anywhere...noise just came out of nowhere.

Sounds like it is coming from the right front, sat in the passenger side and heard basically the same thing but a little deeper sounding. You can only hear it going 20+

Anyone? From what I searched people have had problems with aftermarket sway bars and springs, etc. but nothing really matches what I said.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, looked under the car and the insulation wrap or something got torn. Problem solved bringing to the dealer tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Glad nothing was wrong. I had a similar issue once. Out of no where I had a clunking sound coming from my front passenger tire. Couldn't find anything. Drove some more and still the same noise. Finally I found a ball of tape had some how got stuck to the tire. I was parked on it the first time I looked. Funny how things like that can make such a horrible noise.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep got it all fixed up yesterday. Then the guy tried to give me "oh the heatshield needs to be replaced, it's not covered. 100$". I was like screw that. Told my dad about it(I'm 17), and let's just say I'm going to be getting a new one for free.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.