2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Has anyone installed the CorkSport "Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers" for their aftermarket exhaust system? (Link below)

https://corksport.com/2014-mazda-3-polyurethane-exhaust-hanger-kit.html

As per what I have read, upgrading to stiffer hangers will improve slightly the sound coming from the exhaust, giving it a "cleaner" tone. Not sure if this is completely true but might be worth it. :grin2:

I'm considering on buying these , so as usual I'm just looking for your knowledge, comments and advise. 0:)

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hey Guys,

Has anyone installed the CorkSport "Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers" for their aftermarket exhaust system? (Link below)

https://corksport.com/2014-mazda-3-polyurethane-exhaust-hanger-kit.html

As per what I have read, upgrading to stiffer hangers will improve slightly the sound coming from the exhaust, giving it a "cleaner" tone. Not sure if this is completely true but might be worth it. :grin2:

I'm considering on buying these , so as usual I'm just looking for your knowledge, comments and advise. 0:)
IMHO......There are much better ways to spend your money that may be more beneficial and useful for upgrading different aspects of your vehicle?.

A thought to consider... one purpose in flexible exhaust hangers are to relieve stress on the exhaust manifold or other exhaust components mostly but not solely while accelerating/decelerating. Now if the Polyurethane is the same durometer (hardness) as the OEM one it is replacing than there may be longevity benefits depending on its operational environment.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Your car is still pretty much new. I really don't see any benefit from using the poly hangers unless the OEM parts are old and starting to get stretchy. They will transmit more noise into the cabin also just so you know. I'm not sure how they would actually improve the sound though.
I replaced the OEM hangers with poly hangers on my 20 year old MX-5 when I installed a new exhaust system. The original parts were still in fairly good condition, still tight, but they were elongated a bit and allowing the system to move and tap on things. Yours should not need replacing anytime soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts