2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so my choices in preference order are:
1- a cat back (Corksport or Racingbeat... still not sure wich one)
2- SRI (with the box if Corksport)
3- RSB and maybe rear motor mount as a combo

I want them all but i can only choose one!

HEEELP!!!

For thoses who bought the package, wich one would you pic first if you had to do it all again?

Thanks...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, i'm on snow tires now and the roads are crappy so that's why i put rsb in third. If it was summertime, this would be different and performance tires would be there also...

·
Super Moderator
5,673 Posts
I have done all three. Progress rear sway bar, Injen intake with modified CS box, and Ultimate Racing axle back. Of everything on your list, a proper rear sway bar is the one that will make a significant and noticeable difference in your car.
I would not do the motor mounts. Many who have didn't like the increase in noise and vibration.
The SRI and axle back should not be real high on the to do list as there is little gain for what they cost. After the sway bar, a spring and/or shock upgrade is a worthwhile expenditure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done all three. Progress rear sway bar, Injen intake with modified CS box, and Ultimate Racing axle back. Of everything on your list, a proper rear sway bar is the one that will make a significant and noticeable difference in your car.
I would not do the motor mounts. Many who have didn't like the increase in noise and vibration.
The SRI and axle back should not be real high on the to do list as there is little gain for what they cost. After the sway bar, a spring and/or shock upgrade is a worthwhile expenditure.
Thanks, appreciate your feeback!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Mmmm... That makes me reconsider my priority list.

And if i decide to buy the exhaust, it's very difficult wich one to choose based on video samples on youtube.... I'd like to hear both in person!!

O well.... thanks guys for your feedbacks!

Decisions, decisions!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pretty easy choice on exhaust.

Go Racing Beat if you want the quieter (though louder than stock), more refined sound of the two.

Go Corksport if you want a more in-your-face, louder sound.

·
Super Moderator
5,673 Posts
Mmmm... That makes me reconsider my priority list.

And if i decide to buy the exhaust, it's very difficult wich one to choose based on video samples on youtube.... I'd like to hear both in person!!

O well.... thanks guys for your feedbacks!

Decisions, decisions!!
Pretty easy choice on exhaust.

Go Racing Beat if you want the quieter (though louder than stock), more refined sound of the two.

Go Corksport if you want a more in-your-face, louder sound.
If it makes thing easier for you being in Canada, Ultimate Racing is in Toronto. They have a really good axle back exhaust. Its at least as quiet as the stock system until you lay on it, then it sounds reaaly good. No drone at any speed, and even on the highway at 80 you can hardly hear it until you get on the throttle.
I ordered mine about a month ago, total just over 500 with shipping to the US. I looked at the others, this one seemed the way to go. CS was way too expensive, $500 + $100 shipping:surprise: and by most accounts loud and got louder as time went on. RB was not much different, 465 + 88 for shipping. I didn't like the sound clips available and reviews were mixed at best, many said sound wasn't much different than the factory exhaust.
Now, the RSB should still be first on the priority list. I did my exhaust last after the swaybar, front strut bar, shocks, springs and alignment parts. Only after the important stuff was done did I do other things like SRI with box, short shifter plate, and finally the exhaust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Arathol, appreciate your comments.... The thing for the exhaust is that my car is the sedan and i think ultimate racing does not make an exhaust for my car.

·
Super Moderator
5,673 Posts
Thanks Arathol, appreciate your comments.... The thing for the exhaust is that my car is the sedan and i think ultimate racing does not make an exhaust for my car.
That could be a problem. Although, the long tips are separate and come off. I'd call them and see if it will fit or if they have an option for the sedan. Turn down tips might just work.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That could be a problem. Although, the long tips are separate and come off. I'd call them and see if it will fit or if they have an option for the sedan. Turn down tips might just work.
It'll be more than just tips. Sedan & Hatch hangers differ. It won't be bolt on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the shipping fees and usd/can$ conversion... just slowed my pace.
The only cie that has a reasonable price for their product and shipping is Progress Group (rsb only)... Wow, i feel like a kid who's toy has been stolen!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts