- MIT Hood Struts

Suspension/Wheels
Auto EXE Adjustable end links
Auto EXE Lug Nuts
Auto EXE outer Tie Rods
BC Type BR Coilovers
Corksport Rear Sway Bar
Hardrace Forged adjustable rear camber arm
Hotchkiss Heavy Duty Sway Bar Brackets (Rear)
James Barone Racing Front Sway Bar
James Barone Racing Heavy Duty sway bar brackets (front)
Racing Beat adjustable front endlinks (Mazda3 BM)
Ultra Racing Strut Tower Brace
Ultra Racing 4 Point Front Lower Arm Bar
Ultra Racing 2 Point Rear Lower Arm Bar
TSW Mallory 20" x 8.5" w/Toyo Proxes ST II, 20/255/40

Exterior/Lighting
- Admiration Top and Middle Spoiler (Sold)
- Autoexe Spoiler
- 5000k DRL and Fog Lights
- 6000k HIDS
- Curt Hitch #C13127
- Glowshift Oil Pressure gauge
- Glowshift Vacuum/Boost Gauge
- Hella Twin Super Tones
- OEM Hood Visor
- OEM Roof Rails, Painted Black (Silver Default)
- Taiwan Crystal Eye Taillight copies (red reflector) replacing the JDM Crystal Eye Fiber LED Taillights "Black" after one got damaged (clear reflector)
- Taiwan Dual Array LED rear Fog Light Smoke/Black

Interior/Misc
- Chinese OBDII HUD
- Corksport License Plate Relocater
- DAMD Leather Armrest Cover

(sold)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked up a new 2015 2.5L CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech. Will be swapping stuff over.

Going on when I make time:
Ultra racing STB, Front Lower, and rear lower arm bar.
C/S rear sway bar, Hotchkiss brackets.
H&R Springs.
Painted white hellas awaiting install.

C/S Exhaust installed, 2.5 SRI in the post.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hell yeah! Let's get that tuned!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
already dumped the ecu :) btw, how is your phantom doing? haven't heard much about it.
Tuning was on hold for a good week. We had to wait on epifan to define a new map that allowed for control over the O2 sensor that controls AFR so that it child be adjusted more precisely to the boost. I got a new file yesterday and sent him more files today, so work continues again. I'm hoping to have it done early October and get numbers for everyone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do any of the ultra bars make a difference? Im wanting to get a rsb from JBR and been looking at the ultra racing stuff.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do any of the ultra bars make a difference? Im wanting to get a rsb from JBR and been looking at the ultra racing stuff.
Yes they do. They reduce chassis flex which mainly comes into effect during turning. By reducing the flex, you get better control of your turn, and your wheel alignment stays more true to setting as the turning forces act on your wheels. They also preserve the chassis integrity overlong periods of time (over a period of years your alignment can actually be off due to minute chassis flex). Also, depending on what type of braces you have, they can add extra protection in a crash. Finally, of course NVH will be affected anytime you add an effective chassis bar to any vehicle, (vibration mainly), just as putting larger low profile wheels, or stiffer shocks/springs will. At the least, I would recommend a Strut tower bar, and perhaps a lower arm bar (the lower part of the STB), as these will help maintain grip during cornering.

Here is a good visual representation of just the STB for example, of course this applies to any proper STB, not just UR. Improve Handling | gosafety.com.my

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed my Auto EXE links today (Correctly I hope). Hopefully they hold up well with the CS sway bar and Hotchkiss brackets. I actually ended up making them slightly longer to use the stiffer setting, because when I had them short the angle was very acute and the bar was close to the axle.
In Picture - White Ultra Racing Lower Front and Lower Rear arm bars, Dark Blue H&R Springs, Light Blue C/S Swaybar (stiffest, hopefully these $300 links don't break..), and red Auto EXE links. Hotckiss brackets not visible.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
This thing is gonna handle so nice!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you actually pay full price for the hellas? Everytime i ask around everyone always says "No, just buy the chinese ebay ones. They are the same." but i am a little concerned about buying cheaper electronic parts. I can get some from the local pepboys for like $60 but wanted your opinion and to know what you got.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Whats the point of the camber arms? To give you more camber?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts