2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm upgrading my subs but not sure what to. amp pushing will be helix blue B one . . .

350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
950 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

the 4 door speakers are being pushed by a helix dsp (35 RMS x 4). front door speakers are component 40 RMS x 2. rear door door speakers 5-60RMS coaxal. i listen to dancehall reggae, hip hop, club . . . so i'm debating between seal vs ported. thinking 2 10s around 300 RMS. suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Get a 12" sub and get sealed. Get one rated for 600 rms at 2 ohms that's plenty enough. Sealed sounds great for hip hop and reggae. Sealed is clean bass. Ported is for "boomier" bass. I listen to those type of music and my amp is pushing 200 rms to my component and rear speakers and 400 watts rms at 2 ohms to my sub and I'm loving it. It all comes down to tuning your amp correctly. You should upgrade from coaxials to components

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
door speakers are not stock. but even still i do anticipate the sub overpowering the mids/highs and will be turned down if needed. reason why i'm going with the amp is because it's the only amp that's plug and play with my helix dsp system. the amp was $450 at the time i bought the dsp so i declined. now it's $150 on ebay new :)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
door speakers are not stock. but even still i do anticipate the sub overpowering the mids/highs and will be turned down if needed. reason why i'm going with the amp is because it's the only amp that's plug and play with my helix dsp system. the amp was $450 at the time i bought the dsp so i declined. now it's $150 on ebay new :)
Right I know your speakers aren't stock but I mean upgraded as in rated for more powaaaaa

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the dsp puts out 35RMS @ 4ohm per channel :( sound quality is good (especially with the doors and trunk with dynamat) . . . just needs more bass. surge protector cuts me off when i crank it . . . sub channel on the dsp is 160RMS @ 2 ohm pushing 2 7" subs in a ported box. i always wanted to upgrade the system later on but seeing the add on amp on ebay for killer price figured why not. $275 got me the amp and sub enclosure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts