2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have searched all over the internet for solutions to this problem, and I have found similar problems to mine but nothing exact. My car is a 2010 Mazda 3.

Whenever I accelerate at low RPM, there is a chirping noise coming from the front of the car, presumably the engine. It does NOT make this noise when I am in neutral. Only when I am driving and putting load on the engine.

The sound usually occurs between 1,000-3,000 RPM/ But if I really step on the gas and go past somewhere around 3,000, it longer makes the noise.

This noise has been happening for a quite awhile, and it is not a seasonal thing. I am going to take it by the Mazda dealership within a couple of weeks, but would like to get a heads up of what I can expect the problem to be.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies. I had a feeling it could be that, but wasn't quite sure.

I drove my car today and I would like to add that my car only makes the noise at 1500 RPM, but only if I am maintaining speed at or over 30 mph. If I am accelerating before 30 mph and I reach 1500 RPM, it does not make the noise. But once I hit 30 mph AND 1500 RPM it makes the noise.

It's very easy to duplicate the noise, you just have to be at the correct speed.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Thank you for your replies. I had a feeling it could be that, but wasn't quite sure.

I drove my car today and I would like to add that my car only makes the noise at 1500 RPM, but only if I am maintaining speed at or over 30 mph. If I am accelerating before 30 mph and I reach 1500 RPM, it does not make the noise. But once I hit 30 mph AND 1500 RPM it makes the noise.

It's very easy to duplicate the noise, you just have to be at the correct speed.
Since you can duplicate the noise the dealer definitely should be able to help you out. Let us know what they say. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you can duplicate the noise the dealer definitely should be able to help you out. Let us know what they say. :thumbup:
I sure will! Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it quickly and hope that it doesn't turn into a guess and check situation. I trust my Mazda dealership though, they have been very good in the past. It won't be until Thursday before I can get to the dealership though, but I'll be sure to post what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well instead of taking it to the Mazda dealership I decided to fix the tensioner pulley like some people have said myself. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. The noise seems to have quieted down a bit, but I can still hear the noise. I guess that is better than nothing. The only problem now is that if I do take it to the dealership the problem is now harder to hear and reproduce.

Thanks everyone again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got around to taking it to the dealer. They said that they heard the noise, said that it was a dirty throttle plate, cleaned it, and could no longer hear the noise after cleaning it.

Well, I still hear the noise. Unfortunately, the problem is very hard to reproduce in downtown Nashville, so it wasn't until I had gotten in my home town that I was able to hear it again. I called them the same day and my advisor said she would talk to the mechanic about it. A few minutes later she called back and said the mechanic said that if anything was wrong, they would have found it. So she said not to worry about the noise, but if it got worse to take it back.

So I give up on trying to fix the noise. It isn't too loud, especially when I have the radio on. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. I don't think it will, but hopefully it won't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same chirping noise while in gear and idling and it goes away if I put it in neutral. Two dealerships told me the same BS that they could find nothing wrong and did not hear the noise. So, I suspect it is a costly issue covered under warranty that they have been instructed to shrug off until the warranty expires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts