2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was changing my manual transmission fluid the other day and noticed what looked like a gouge in the transmission case. I can't tell if it is part of the design of the transmission, or if it is damaged. Any thoughts? Good news is that it is not a leak, as 2.5l of fluid came out of the transmission (as per the owners manual specification). I think the fluid you see is just from previous transmission fluid changes. Do you think it's worth plugging this up with JB weld, or is this part of the design? The gouge looks like it is in the 10 o'clock position relative to the bolt.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hi there,

I was changing my manual transmission fluid the other day and noticed what looked like a gouge in the transmission case. I can't tell if it is part of the design of the transmission, or if it is damaged. Any thoughts? Good news is that it is not a leak, as 2.5l of fluid came out of the transmission (as per the owners manual specification). I think the fluid you see is just from previous transmission fluid changes. Do you think it's worth plugging this up with JB weld, or is this part of the design? The gouge looks like it is in the 10 o'clock position relative to the bolt.

Thanks!
If you're cover by warranty .. you can always ask the dealer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts