2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought my car (2010 white mazda 3 isport) 3 days ago and after two days, I decided to wash it since it had rained and the car was dirty. While drying the car, I noticed the following on my driver side door:

It looks bigger in the photo than it is in person but it still is quite visible. I asked the dealership if there was anything they'd do about it and they said no and to use touch up paint. I looked around on the net and ordered the Langka paint chip repair kit + mazda 3 white color touchup. I also had some dried tree sap particles in the paint (they almost look like rust particles) that I need to get out so I ordered a clay bar to get rid of it.

Question is: Is the langka my best option to fix the chipped paint or would I be better off going to a local body shop and letting them take care of it? I called around and most use PBG paint and not OEM so I'm guessing the color would not be a match.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No one seemed to respond to you. I looked up this thread.

I've owned my 2010 white Mazda for a year now and it has 20+ rock chips in it, windshield crack and multiple scratches on the windshield. It's my wifes car, she does not tailgate and does in town driving. Oh and the car only has 19000k on it.

I was pretty pissed off at this. After reading the threads about how people would of 3M their cars right off the lot, I have to include myself into that section of 'shoulda-woulda'.

Anyways, I went to Mazda yesterday to talk about it, they sent me to their repair company, they took photos, and now I guess it is going to go to Mazda Canada to take a look.

I can honestly say, that I think they cheaped out on the paint or amount of. It does not look like there is a second coat at all.

It's a piss off, thats for sure. I'll update this post when I hear back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One day after owning mine there was a lovely chip on the door and the hood. Luckily i purchased some touch up paint and clear coat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No one seemed to respond to you. I looked up this thread.

I've owned my 2010 white Mazda for a year now and it has 20+ rock chips in it, windshield crack and multiple scratches on the windshield. It's my wifes car, she does not tailgate and does in town driving. Oh and the car only has 19000k on it.

I was pretty pissed off at this. After reading the threads about how people would of 3M their cars right off the lot, I have to include myself into that section of 'shoulda-woulda'.

Anyways, I went to Mazda yesterday to talk about it, they sent me to their repair company, they took photos, and now I guess it is going to go to Mazda Canada to take a look.

I can honestly say, that I think they cheaped out on the paint or amount of. It does not look like there is a second coat at all.

It's a piss off, thats for sure. I'll update this post when I hear back.
How did you find this thread and miss this one? http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...chipped-paint-anyone-helped-mazda-dealer.html

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've had my 3 for 8 months, and I have chips all over. You'd have thought they'd have used better quality paint on these cars. I'm sure I will get frustrated enough to have it fully repainted by the time my loan is done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts