2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The 3 of us (GerryB, omgitsnao, and myself) are right by each other. I live out by Algonquin, but I work in Vernon Hills. I'd be down to meet up after work sometime, even today. I work until 5:30.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When and where do they hang out? I know I've seen them at Streets of Woodfield before during a week night. I was creeping in my GTI hahaha.

I do want to check out your track setup, but I realize you probably don't daily that setup...

Are the CS springs linear or progressive?
I usually hang out at my friends house. I don't really go to car meets anymore...

Regarding the wheels, I need to mount two tires on them but first, I need to get proper size valve, which I haven't time to do.

And CS springs are linear but really soft. RB springs are linear and work great with the B8s.

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
Isn't it though?

My old 6 was dropped on Mazdaspeed lowering Springs (not spring from a Speed) and Bilsteins. What a setup.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isn't it though?

My old 6 was dropped on Mazdaspeed lowering Springs (not spring from a Speed) and Bilsteins. What a setup.

Very comfortable but can push it good.

I do miss the old setup on my ms3. I had swift springs (252 lbs/ft), koni yellows, and hotchkis rsb.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Speaking of sway bars, I had my car on a lift yesterday (painting wheels) and it looks like the RSB is a pain in the ass to replace. It goes up through the rear subframe haha.

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
I helped my buddy with a '14 6 sport do his rear bar. It's a little, umm, inconvenient. It involves lowering the rear subframe a bit. It is doable, though. And the platform is common.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I helped my buddy with a '14 6 sport do his rear bar. It's a little, umm, inconvenient. It involves lowering the rear subframe a bit. It is doable, though. And the platform is common.

Haha no kidding. My GTI's was relatively easy once I got it around the exhaust. Not that I'll be touching the swaybars on this car, but I was just curious.

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
I think the rear Progress bar is in my future. There's really only a few things I want to do to this car from here on out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Who has the Soul Red HB with black wheels and exhaust and lives off River Road in Barrington Hills? I think it's automatic. I was a couple of cars behind you two days ago by the twisties coming out of Fox River Grove area.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone want to buy a used set of RB springs? I will be putting them up for sale soon as I'm swapping them with Eibach springs. They have less than 8k miles on them. I'm looking to swap them next Monday..

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much?
I'll shoot you a price via facebook once I get them off the car Hector.

I hit a road block with rear end link bolts stripping. Moog end links are en route. Hopefully I will have time to retry this weekend.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi guys, I just came across this thread. Just want to say I'm near the area as well. Hopefully we can plan to meet sometime when it gets a little bit warmer:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone interested in a set of eibach springs for the new 3? It wasn't even used for 2 months. I'm switching to H&Rs in the spring.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm leaving this one at stock ride height, though it is tempting.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.
The drop is very nice. But I want to go lower.

I've owned cs, rb, and eibach springs so far and the eibachs are the best all round springs I've owned so far with the nice progressive rate and height.

Reactions: ELegend3

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 6MT 2.0L
91 Posts
Holy bump from the dead batman..

Nao, I have moog endlinks and the progress bar on the soft setting-playing around just to see, but so far, no complaints and easy to install once the old ones are out/cut.

How much?
I'll shoot you a price via facebook once I get them off the car Hector.

I hit a road block with rear end link bolts stripping. Moog end links are en route. Hopefully I will have time to retry this weekend.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.