2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
New member from Mundelein, here. I've been a very active member of the Mazda6 community since 2006 and a regional mod over on 6Crew. Just picked up my 2016 3s GT Hatch with the elusive manual. As a pretty much retired UPS guy, I'll have some free time for meets and such come warmer weather. Or maybe sooner.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I usually hang out with Ford ST guys on Tuesday's despite owning a GTI and a Mazda3 LOL. But I'm down to meet up somewhere. I work out in Vernon Hills now although I know Streets of Woodfield is always a common meet up area.

What are you guys thinking? During the week sometime?

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
Summer cruise night season is coming. Mundelein has an awesome show once a month as does Libertyville. It'd be a good place to at least meet up.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Summer cruise night season is coming. Mundelein has an awesome show once a month as does Libertyville. It'd be a good place to at least meet up.

That'd be cool. This is just my daily driver car and not so much my modding car. I'd love to do that, but the last thing I need are two race cars.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm definitely down. it's my daily driver as well, but plan to do some sort of modding. I've got my sub box in the works right now. can't finish as its at my parents in Texas. I'm in an apartment here in Naperville and space is very limited. I'm hoping that my parents will bring it up in May when they come up for my daughters first communion.

I'm down for any day, weekend or not. it'll just depend on my work schedule.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Let's get something planned here. Streets of Woodfield maybe? Bolingbrook Promenade? Any other suggestions?

I know this weekend is no good for me, since I'm working. Every other Sunday, early afternoon, works best for me as that's when I take my daughter home.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's a dyno day at Boomba Racing in Wood Dale from 10-4pm tomorrow. I'm going to that. It'll be a lot of Ford ST guys but others as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm from Buffalo Grove.

I usually hang out with Mazdaspeed fellas.

Heres a pic of my 3 when it was on CS springs and track wheels. Its currently on RB springs and stock 18s.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm from Buffalo Grove.

I usually hang out with Mazdaspeed fellas.

Heres a pic of my 3 when it was on CS springs and track wheels. Its currently on RB springs and stock 18s.
When and where do they hang out? I know I've seen them at Streets of Woodfield before during a week night. I was creeping in my GTI hahaha.

I do want to check out your track setup, but I realize you probably don't daily that setup...

Are the CS springs linear or progressive?

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
You know, I swore I wasn't going to drop this car, but every time I see one tastefully dumped, I get that itch again.

Damnit...

·
Registered
190 Posts
You know, I swore I wasn't going to drop this car, but every time I see one tastefully dumped, I get that itch again.

Damnit...

I've said the same thing. The biggest things stopping me are:

1. It's my DD, not my race car. A softer ride is actually nice.

2. Cost - to do it right and get the most benefit from the stiffer spring rates, I'd do shocks and new strut mounts and alignment

3. Most of the aftermarket springs aren't linear like the OEM ones are. Mazda put a lot of R&D into using linear springs and I'm not sure I just want to put aftermarket springs on and make the handling worse.

Hence why I was asking if the CS springs are linear or not.

On another note, it's a beautiful day today!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.