2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I've posted in the Chicago thread but got no responses. Is anyone active here in Chicgo? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Just looking to meet other Mazda enthusiasts in the area that could teach me a thing or two.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to be more active in the Mazda 6 club back in the early 2000's I know there were quite a few Mazda guys 6's and Mazdaspeed Protege's back then. Mostly in the northern burbs. We had a big meetup at the Illinois Beach State Park. Probably 2005 or 6. I sold my Mazda in 2006 for a VW Gti.. Just picked up a 2015 Mazda 3 HB a week ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just bought my 2011 Mazda 3 Sport today! I would be down to meet up some time in the near future. I live in Bolingbrook but am familiar with and willing to meet up anywhere in the region.
Welcome! I know my way around Bolingbrook quite well. I once worked for RR Donnelley at Weber and 55. I'm sure you've seen the place! I live in Naperville, near Ogden and Rt 59.

Just trying to see if more people will be more interested now, then we could start to set something up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd prefer weekends as well. I was just offered a job, but won't be starting for a while so I'll be pretty much open from now till start then I'll have to work around my schedule... who knows what that will be like!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm just on the other side of the river in Lockport.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about a small meet/cruise some time next weekend on May 2? Since we are all pretty close to each other we can find a central meet up spot.

I am up for the Promenade at Bolingbrook, somewhere in Naperville (downtown or Fox Valley Mall), or anywhere else that is convenient for others?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm down with next weekend. Any place is fine with me. Fox Valley Mall, Promenade or even downtown Naperville.

Any other suggestions? Preferred times?

Does anyone know of any local places for roof wrapping? I haven't been able to find anything yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I used to be more active in the Mazda 6 club back in the early 2000's I know there were quite a few Mazda guys 6's and Mazdaspeed Protege's back then. Mostly in the northern burbs. We had a big meetup at the Illinois Beach State Park. Probably 2005 or 6. I sold my Mazda in 2006 for a VW Gti.. Just picked up a 2015 Mazda 3 HB a week ago.
Haha, I think I've met you before back when you had your GTI. I just bought a 2015 iSport HB myself, but still have my GTI as well.

I'm down to meet up. This is just a daily driver since the GTI is my "race car," but it'd be cool to meet up.

Edit: I'm in the Algonquin area and work 2 minutes from Streets of Woodfield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haha, I think I've met you before back when you had your GTI. I just bought a 2015 iSport HB myself, but still have my GTI as well.

I'm down to meet up. This is just a daily driver since the GTI is my "race car," but it'd be cool to meet up.

Edit: I'm in the Algonquin area and work 2 minutes from Streets of Woodfield.
Hmm, was it before I had the GTI? I kinda stopped going to car meets once I bought it. I only went to a few things and they were Mazda/Subaru related and mostly in Michigan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hmm, was it before I had the GTI? I kinda stopped going to car meets once I bought it. I only went to a few things and they were Mazda/Subaru related and mostly in Michigan.
I could be dreaming too. I've had my GTI for so long that the years tend to merge together.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I either need to...

A. Get a charger for these 2 cameras I got from my old job.

Or...

B. Get a new camera, that's decent.

I have yet to find a decent area to take any good pictures. Better yet... I'm in between jobs so the only action I've been doing is job searching.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.