2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
End of Summer 2012.

Suspension:
BC coilovers with 135mm 10k springs and 180mm 6k springs. Collars turned all the way down. Still have perches/cups in the rear.
H&R coilovers for winter use
SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
GtSpec Front Strut Tower Bar
GtSpec Trunk cage

Wheels/tires:
The new: ;)
The winter: 17x8.5 +35 BIM Zeit 5 spoke wheels with 225/45/17 Continental DWS tires spaced to +10 all around with little to no camber
The old: 19x9 +30 and 19x10 +32 Work Euroline DH. Chrome faces with polished lips. Federal SS595 tires: 215/35/19 up front and 225/35/19 in the rear
Enkei RP03 19x8.5 +42 (running +37 up front and +27 in the rear with spacers) with 215/35/19 front and 225/35/19 rear General Exclaim UHP

Exterior:
Grille #1: Genuine AutoExe MBX2510 grille painted body color.
Grille #2: Genuine JDM/Euro OEM grille with paint matched emblem.
BaysonR Garage Vary Replica front lip
Urethane front lip from a 06-07 WRX under the GV replica lip
Mazdaspeed replica side skirt extensions
Replica Autoexe duckbill spoiler
Nextmod rear bumper flares
Partplaza eyelids
JDM window visors
RallyArmor urethane mud flaps
4500k DDM HID in the low beams, yellow high beam bulbs
Lamin-x fog overlays in yellow (2 layers for extra yellow)
Lamin-x tinted 3rd brake light and rear reflectors
LED turn signals (removed the amber reflection in the rear), interior lights, and license plate lights
Hella supertones painted body color in the front lower grille
JDM fender flares made for old Datsun Z cars

Drivetrain:
TRZ dogbone rear motor mount
Street Unit passenger motor mount
Street Unit transmission mount
Mazdaspeed Accessory Short Shifter

Exedy lightweight flywheel- waiting on installation
Exedy Stage 1 clutch- waiting on installation

Engine:
Fujita F5 CAI or Simota SRI depending on weather
Timing advance mod
Flex-innovations grounding kit and big 3 kit
2.0 spin on oil filter conversion
2.5" custom mandrel bent catback exhaust with carbon fiber fart cannon. Both catalytic converters in place still but no resonators in the piping.

Vibrant header- waiting on installation

Interior:
35% 3m tint
Interior trim pieces- painted copper red
TWM Big Type R- 600g!
300mm Broadway wide angle convex rear view mirror

Summer mode 2011

Summer mode 2012.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Welcome. Seen a pic of this car on Mazda nation. Not a fan of that low of a car or the stance. Don't mean I don't appreciate the amount of work that is into it. To each their own. Bet you love it.

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
I actually love this thing. Love that wing, front end and wheel flares. Not a fan of your wheel choice for 2012 summer. I really like those winter wheels too. Stance is actually better than other lowered 3's, I just think the size of wheels you're putting on make it a bit too flush, haha. Nice ass ride though, man

Do you have a rear-window brake light? If not, you should get one for the spoiler--that'd be sick!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I feel like a dumbass lol, I thought your ride was owned by Gusto, guess I didn't look into it good enough.

It's about time you joined up here man, welcome!!

Your ride is the bees knees BTW, a true inspiration.

Sent from a Parallel Universe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. Seen a pic of this car on Mazda nation. Not a fan of that low of a car or the stance. Don't mean I don't appreciate the amount of work that is into it. To each their own. Bet you love it.
Thanks man I do. It's not everyone's style but I don't mod it for them.

I actually love this thing. Love that wing, front end and wheel flares. Not a fan of your wheel choice for 2012 summer. I really like those winter wheels too. Stance is actually better than other lowered 3's, I just think the size of wheels you're putting on make it a bit too flush, haha. Nice ass ride though, man

Do you have a rear-window brake light? If not, you should get one for the spoiler--that'd be sick!
I don't currently have a third brake light. I physically have one in my garage but I have been too lazy to wire it up for some time now. LOL It's one from an 04-06 hatch.

I agree about the chrome wheels being a little much but I liked them at the time. They certainly got some attention. I'm trading them for some advan model 5s in 19x10 +19 with 275/30/19 tires on them. Not sure how 275s will fit but on paper it looks close so there's only one way to find out.

I feel like a dumbass lol, I thought your ride was owned by Gusto, guess I didn't look into it good enough.

It's about time you joined up here man, welcome!!

Your ride is the bees knees BTW, a true inspiration.

Sent from a Parallel Universe
Thanks. I just keep doing my thing and trying new stuff.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Haha I guess the MM post got you over here! Anyway I've always loved your car as well following your build thread on M3F but ya the new rims not my cup of tea but everything else spot on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking good man. Always been a fan of this car. You need to get those rear bumper flares back on though. They really finished off the ass end.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are going back on as well as side skirt extensions. Undecided about putting a front splitter on again under the front lip though. I ripped it off a few times and it wasn't as low as last season when I did. I might get the skirt extensions body matched this time. I could always plasti dip them if I want black.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm sure some of you saw this on facebook but I am trading the chrome eurolines for these on Saturday.

FS: Advan AVS Model 5 19x10 +19 5x114 275/30/19 all around - StanceWorks

Fitting 275s on 19x10 +19 inside my fender flares is going to be fun. LOL

Edit: Here's a quick/terrible chop of what they will look like. Obviously the colors are a bit off but whatever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Why "MZ3 FTL?" Also is that Three Mile Island in the background in one of your pics? Car looks good!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts