2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if ets tmic would be the best way to go or would a cheep fmic about the same price mods hpfp Sri tip dp rp ap rmm in the mail is bpv and occ. no bt as of yet but I am looking at a bnr v3 and cbe

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Would like to know if ets tmic would be the best way to go or would a cheep fmic about the same price mods hpfp Sri tip dp rp ap rmm in the mail is bpv and occ. no bt as of yet but I am looking at a bnr v3 and cbe
First, The ETS is a good TMIC but it's 3.25" core and is no better than a CP-E or SU TMIC which have 3.25" cores and are $200 less. Cheap FMIC's off Ebay are not efficient so you get what you pay for on that. If you want to save money and still have a decent FMIC setup buy a Protege Garage piping kit and buy a core from Treadstone performance. The other way to go is to suck it up and pay a grand for a Cobb, CP-E or Ultimate Racing big core FMIC kit.

Lastly, the deciding factor on whether to go TMIC or FMIC with a BNRS3 is how much hp is your goal. If your loooking to stay at 350whp or less go TMIC. Over 350whp go FMIC. This is a gereral rule though. Ambient temps in your area and whether you decide to use an E85 mix or spray meth will change the rules.

Note: It seems like anyone with a MS3 that buys a GODSPEED or CX RACING FMIC off EBAY hates it and switches it out for better quality. Just sayin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2011 live in Oklahoma so summers are hot I think a good tmic is what I will get then meth will be the next big $$ and then e85 mix would there be much dif between the tmic CPE CS SU ETS like any one better for the bnr v3 as to support the turbo from what I have read the are all prity similar but for some reason ets is more$$$ is it a better pice?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think 400 hp or so is what I am shooting for with meth 100% E85 on pro tune that's with the bnr stage 3 am I in the ball park as curent mods and all of that or is that to munch on the nicer math

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to fig out how to put mods in sig will poke around and do that to night

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had the mony I would I only have what the ets would run

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I did a pg pipe kit and tr8 it would run the same as the ets would I need any thing other then the tr8 and pipe kit?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
With a TR8 you just need to trim your crashbar and fabricate brackets. The max intercooler height without trimming is 6.5". If you don't mind trimming then the TR8 is a great intercooler for 400 hp.

Reactions: tikous360

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I have to cut should I go with tr10 or is that to big for the ko4 i think specs are close to CPE core

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
TR10 is overkill.

Reactions: jonny1805

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a month or so I will be ordering the cpe fmic I now plan on going bt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts