2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Check Einginge Light: P2183 and P0110

18K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LeeMazda3 
#1 · (Edited)
Check Engine Light: P2183 and P0110

Got a CEL when I started my 2014 a couple of days ago, the codes are P2183 and P0110; as far as I could tell the car behaved normally. I reset the CEL codes earlier today with an OBDII reader and went for quick 20min ride and the CEL stayed off. Anyone else experience similar?

#2 ·
P0110 is a general code for a problem with the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) electrical circuit sensor sending incorrect voltage input signals to the Engine Control Unit (ECU).

P2183 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT) #2 is out of range and performance does not correlate with ECT sensor #1 .

Looks like you have a bad sensor.
CK

#5 ·
Any idea of where the sensor is located? YouTube videos send other sites say back side of engine on driver side. But it's not there on my 2015 Mazda3 skyactive. I'm only seeing sensors in these radiator and thermostat housing. My CEL is lit, I have same codes, but not sure which one to replace.

#6 ·
Have you tried to reset the CEL? On my 2014, after reset, as of today, it has not come on again. IIRC, there are 3 sensors involved: one near the back of the engine compartment on the passenger side, one on back of engine on driver side and the MAF (detects air temperature).

#7 ·
Hi. Could you help me. I have the same errors, and I want to try change the sensors. But I can't find right location for sensor NO.2. All what I found in google didn't help me. Maybe you can point arrow on a photo with mazda under hood space, and I'll try to find it again.

Forgot. I have mazda 3 sedan, iGT 2014

Thanks

#11 ·
Hey, got a similar issue, check engine, but only the P2183 is showing. I remember when I changed oil almost 7 month ago, they noticed my coolant level is low. Could it be a faulty sensor or I actually have to top up the engine coolant? It's 2016 mazda with 81k kms so wondering if it's time to change the coolant?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.