2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda Mazda3 GS hatch 6mt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm just curious if there's a "big three" for popular go to mods on this platform to improve it's all around fun car status if anyone's got any suggestions fire away!

·
Super Moderator
5,352 Posts
Proper lowering springs with upgraded dampers
Larger rear sway bar
Lightweight rims and better tires
Get it tuned

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
145 Posts
Super huge rear wing spoiler (+50hp)
Exhaust pipe turbo whistle (+100hp)
Stick on hood scoop (+30hp)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
Progress rear sway bar.

Great first mod that isn't too pricey.
CK

·
Registered
79 Posts
Under the car neon lights adds at least 35hp... minimum.

Reactions: The Pendragon

·
Registered
17 Posts
On a more serious note... I just popped in an AEM Dryflow air filter for about $30 USD. Engine sounds a bit nicer and the throttle has a bit more pep. Plus the added bonus that it's washable so I should never have to buy another one.

I also ordered a Progress rear sway bar on July 9th, but it's taking forever to get to me so no feedback on that yet. Read lots of good things about it here though, and it seems to be one of the most frequent first mods everyone does so that says something I suppose.

Reactions: CerealKiller

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
145 Posts
On a more serious note... I just popped in an AEM Dryflow air filter for about $30 USD. Engine sounds a bit nicer and the throttle has a bit more pep. Plus the added bonus that it's washable so I should never have to buy another one.

I also ordered a Progress rear sway bar on July 9th, but it's taking forever to get to me so no feedback on that yet. Read lots of good things about it here though, and it seems to be one of the most frequent first mods everyone does so that says something I suppose.
yeah, the upgraded RSB was the best mod I’ve done, hands down. I’m just starting the OVT process, so we’ll see if the RSB stays at the top when I’m done.

Reactions: CerealKiller

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey all I'm just curious if there's a "big three" for popular go to mods on this platform to improve it's all around fun car status if anyone's got any suggestions fire away!
Corksport Rear Motor Mount. Cheaper and/or easier to do than sway bars, springs, or rims. A mod you can feel & appreciate with every shift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did an AWR Motor mount set, definitely do the rear if not the other two. (With all three there is quite a bit of vibration, but my girlfriend likes it, and it helps the front end from hopping)
Progress Rear Sway Bar
NC Miata GT wheels with a sticky set of tires
OVtune (This has helped the character of my car immensely, and it feels quicker. I do about 1.5mpg less on the highway; paying for premium is a drag. I raised the idle to 800 to smooth out the vibrations.)

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
145 Posts
What do the motor mounts actually help with? Less vibration that leads to better throttle response?

·
Registered
129 Posts
What do the motor mounts actually help with? Less vibration that leads to better throttle response?
A little more vibration in the cabin, mostly at idle. The rear motor mount should prevent the engine from moving around so much, so theoretically a tiny bit more immediacy when you step on the throttle. In real world driving, it does make shifting gears a little smoother.. especially from 1st to 2nd. After a couple of weeks though, 1st to 2nd is getting the usual grind/crunch again.. just not as frequently. Also, when you let off the gas suddenly (manual car), the engine doesn't jerk back & forth as much.

If I had to do it all over again, this would be my very first mod.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
145 Posts
I've got an auto, so likely won't move the needle much for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts