2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2010 GX 2.0 sedan for a few months now, liking it so far but just wanting a bit more sound from it. I know a lot of people will tell me to go with some kinda cat back stuff but I'm a poor high school student and the difference of a few hundred dollars is a sizeable difference to me. I've seen a lot on YouTube of 2.0 with resonator deletes paired to the stock exhaust or some kinda universal muffler, and it seemed like some sounded alright and some sounded terrible. Just wanna know what my best bet is at this point.. thx -Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Professional Amateur
10 Posts
If you don't want to get the cat back exhaust, I'd go with a new air intake. The one I'd recommend is the corksport short ram intake, now I'm not sure how much experience you have modding, but their sri's appear extremely easy to install, and they certainly offer a nice bang for the buck. They give the car a nice deeper sound, and increase throttle response, torque and hp a little bit (around 3-5 hp). I've even heard they can improve your mph just a bit.

https://corksport.com/corksport-power-series-short-ram-intake-2010-mazda-3-2.0-en.html

I'm in the same boat as you, high school student with little extra money, and this is the one I'm definitely going for

1 - 3 of 3 Posts