2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could've sworn I heard something on this forum about setting the ECU for a higher octane by disconnecting the battery after putting high octane gas in... Was that for Mazda 3's or am I thinking of another forum I'm on? I can't find anything about it here.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,066 Posts
Yeah.. don't do that.

Drive 25 miles and the car auto reprograms itself.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,066 Posts
It recalibrates itself based on the last 25 miles of data provided.

After each new tune file.. you need to drive 25 miles before you can start doing your next set of logs.
CK

·
*The Electrician*
883 Posts
Some people do a battery reset, I didn't bother when I switched to premium, it adapted very quickly and now I only run 91 octane. The spots you feel the engine struggling on regular, up top, levels out with premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not a bad idea to do a proper reset: disconnect both battery cables and connect them to eachother (making sure they do not contact the battery in any way while they are connected to each other). This will fully flush/reset the ECU/TPM, when you first start it you'll notice for the first 30-60 seconds it will hunt a little to settle into idle and may notice some odd shifts in the first few minutes of driving, but then it will fully settle in and likely run even better adjusted to any changes you've made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts