2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oem pmm finally burst and ROCA was out of stock until sometime in FEB.

so i got the efocus rear mount and this pmm

Engine Motor Mount Front RH Right Passenger Side for Mazda 3 5 2.0L 2.3L sold by AM Autoparts
(i would post the link, but my post count isn't high enough on this forum)

it's solid like the ROCA ones and super cheap!

got the rear and the pmm installed today.

initial thoughts, very nice. some minimal vibes when stopped. when i say minimal, i mean barely noticeable. it's very DD friendly.
the pmm is shorter than the stock, so the engine does sit lower than it used to.

i had AWR 80 duro all the way around on my old 6, and this is nothing like that in the slightest.

time will tell how well long it lasts, but for now it's really good and it's only $25.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi JackK, thanks for the review. Good to know there's another rubber pmm out there. How is it performing now that it should be fully broken in? A little less vibration? You mention it's shorter than OEM mount. By about how much? Also that it's making the engine sitting lower, is it still sitting flat though? Or is it sloping downward towards the mount? Do you see any problem it might cause by making the engine sitting lower? If everything is well, it looks like a very good option for non hydraulic mount. Thanks in advance for any insight you could offer!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all, I have a 2010 mazda 3 2.5L and my PMM just went out. Why can't I find anywhere that sells this PMM for my car? All I find is for a 2.3L, but my guess is that it is the exact same part for my 2.5. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**UPDATE**

Quality: it seems to be holding up just fine

Fitment: now that it is broken in, there is a minor slope in the engine. i have to get down to eye level to see it or put a bubble level on it. i'm not sure if this is bad or not. it probably is and i hope ROCA is back in stock.

Performance: aside from the minor slope to the engine, i haven't noticed any issues.

Overall: if the minor slope to the engine isn't an issue, i recommend it still. if the minor slope is an issue, stay away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2.3 mounts will fit the 2.5, it's the same engine just modified to make the extra 0.2 displacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts