2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, just kidding. Figured I'd poke my head in -- it's been a while. Hi All. Looks like everyone has a build thread these days! Look at what you've done @Road Trip ! Trendsetter!

Anyhow, took these pics back in October as the leaves were changing. I've got the new Mazda Aftermarket wheels on them too. They are so freakin hott. I love love love them. 19x8 w/ +45 offset. They are literally perfectly aligned with the fenders. No fender rolling or anything like that needed. Wrapped in 225/40 Conti rubber.

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And of course the Interior gets just as much love. Premium floor mats, and frankensteined 2017 trim materials, among some other stuff... and yes those door panel switches light up

Attachments

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Haha, just kidding. Figured I'd poke my head in -- it's been a while. Hi All. Looks like everyone has a build thread these days! Look at what you've done @Road Trip ! Trendsetter!

Anyhow, took these pics back in October as the leaves were changing. I've got the new Mazda Aftermarket wheels on them too. They are so freakin hott. I love love love them. 19x8 w/ +45 offset. They are literally perfectly aligned with the fenders. No fender rolling or anything like that needed. Wrapped in 225/40 Conti rubber.
Arse-kickin', jawdroppin' build, this 1!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Nicely done. I love the look of the aero kit on the soul red 3s and those rims are sick.
CK

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are those mazda wheels or? i see the mazda emblem but not sure, serious
Yes they are aftermarket. Mazda M011 Gloss Gunmetal. PM me and I can set you up with a guy who can get them discounted

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are those mazda wheels or? i see the mazda emblem but not sure, serious
they are the 19" Mazda 6 wheels. They are truly great looking on our 3's.
Haha thanks man. The ones in my sig are the Mazda6 wheels I have. The ones posted in my first post are actually aftermarket Mazda wheels. Not available out of the factory

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn.. Every time I see your car.. I end up on CL looking for M6 wheels... It does look so very nice..
PM me. I've got a guy who can get the Mazda6 wheels to you dirt cheap

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Two questions: 1. Even in Canada?

2. Which body/aero kit does your car have? I've been looking for something for mine but not happy with the options I've found locally.
1) I can have him look into it. I don't imagine it would be too bad, but I doubt he's ever shipped to Canada before.

2) It's the stock aerokit Mazda has for it. Easily available from their accessories website

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Need more pictures!! hahaha Good thread interesting stuff.:nerd:
Thanks man. It is with bittersweet excitement that I say I have placed my order for the New 2018 Mazda6 Signature trim model. In turn, my 3 will be getting traded in on it.

I always loved the 6, I just always felt the front end didn't flow quite right and the interior, while nice, needed just a smidge more work. But the car as a whole was gorgeous. With the brand new 2018 front end (that actually flows now IMO), and the absurdly gorgeous interior, I bit the bullet and placed my order. It should be at Port sometime this week and then hopefully at the dealership by mid-late April. And of course, I am sooooo looking forward to that Turbo.

Keeping my wheels, but I will be posting some stuff for sale once I return my 3 to stock. More to come.

Reactions: Davidval18

·
Banned
842 Posts
Thanks man.
Keeping my wheels, but I will be posting some stuff for sale once I return my 3 to stock. More to come.
I don't have as good a story..
I rented a HERTZ at the beginning of 2017. It just happen to be a 2017 M3. The wife and drove it 1200 miles in 4 days up the coast of California to the the Oregon Coast and every where in between returning home at the bottom of the sierra mountains. I own a very modified R56 MINI and it is normally our get away and fun car but this trip I did not want to drive it expecting some seriously bad weather. We loved everything about the M3 as rental. It looked good was comfortable some what sporty to drive. In September I decided it was time for a brand new daily driver. The line up was Ford Focus, Honda Civic, or MAZDA 3. So we each wrote the reasonable expectation for what we wanted in a simple daily driver.....
The MAZDA M3 WON!

I didn't need another performance car, I did not want to spend more then 25K, and I did not want another gas hog.

I should mention that I was restricted by the wife that I could not spend money of buy upgrades for the M3. 0:)

Now look where I am at... love the M3 and this forum, the friends I have made in a short time and all the fun!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks man. It is with bittersweet excitement that I say I have placed my order for the New 2018 Mazda6 Signature trim model. In turn, my 3 will be getting traded in on it. .
Sad to see one of the most epic 3's in this forum leave, but hey... it's life. At the end of the day the new Mazda 6 is a better car than the 3.

Please post pictures of your new car once you have it :laugh2: . Also what color did you get this time?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have as good a story..

Now look where I am at... love the M3 and this forum, the friends I have made in a short time and all the fun!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:
Truth be told, I went back and forth on the 3 and the 6 back in 2015. Ultimately, I fell in love with the SEMA Concept Mazda did in 2014 (Google Mazda3 Vector). I wanted to build that car - so I did (minus the paint). I also bought the 3 before my daughter came into the picture. Now that she is nearly 3, getting her in and out of the backseat is a laborious process. There's no good way to get her in there w/o banging her head or pressing her legs against the seat, etc. So regardless, I'm hoping a slightly larger sedan will cure the backseat issue, but who the hell knows -- at this point I'm just making excuses haha.

It was a fun as hell ride with the 3, and I'm sure the 6 will be just as fun, but I won't put nearly as much money into it. As you said, this forum has a ton of great people in it and everyone (for the most part) is always helpful and understanding of everyone's various knowledge/experience levels.

Got the Soul Red with their gorgeous Parchment Nappa. I'll be sure to update when I finally take delivery. Though my 3 sat at Port for like a month before it finally got to the dealership. Took FOREVER. Maybe better luck this time around? We'll see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts