2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport sedan. It would be awesome if the car was offered with a V6 and all wheel drive. A V6 with maybe 220 to 240 HP. The 2.5 Liter I-4 is just OK. Car needs more Zoom Zoom in my opinion. :yes: What changes. options or improvements would you like to see or suggest.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Diesel mated to 6-speed manual transmission + AWD

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
The drivetrain from the Focus RS (305 hp, 325 ft/lb torque), but with a DSG. Come on Mazda, we know you can do it.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
You had me up until that part, lol. Focus RS drivetrain would be sweeeeeeeet (with a real clutch of course).
Okay, then a sequential transmission (with paddle shifters). It has a clutch...you just don't use it often ;)

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I would like to see better use of the MID screen. There are only 4 screens and one is completely useless. It would be nice to see something like a "performance" screen that has various temps, oil pressure, volts etc. as well as a digital speedometer.

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
I would like to see better use of the MID screen. There are only 4 screens and one is completely useless. It would be nice to see something like a "performance" screen that has various temps, oil pressure, volts etc. as well as a digital speedometer.
+1 amen

·
Registered
856 Posts
I wish they would make it so the nav wasn't a complete pile of shit.

Also want the asian market feature where you can raise or lower windows remotely with the key fob.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
^ that would be nice along with cooled seat on the GT for the summer. As for the stuff I mentioned it would be sooo easy cause its all software. And a diagnostic mode would be cool even if all you got was the code.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want the BMW style side mirrors! When in reverse they auto angle down to make parallel parking easier. When stopped, they fold in so when fatty walks by he doesn't mess up your mirror.

Oh yeah and more power and all that good stuff...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd be happy with this but for the non-NAV cars. It would be nice if it was amber/red on black so it would match the rest of the interior. I'd be estatic if they eliminated the MID completly for non-NAV cars and gave us real guages.

I'd also add 20 Hp and smaller wheel openings. I know bigger wheels and lowering would help the cosmetics, but our streets are rough enough that I don't really want to go stiffer on the suspension and remove any more sidewall cushioning.

As much as I dislike FWD, I don't know if I'd want AWD due to the weight and loss of gas-mileage.

·
Registered
471 Posts
usually if you're reppin AWD in a small car, you don't care about mpg (per Evo, etc). it's all about haulin ass and having fun whilst driving.

i'd like to add that all of these additional items should be added at no cost to the consumer :)

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'd like to add that all of these additional items should be added at no cost to the consumer :)[/QUOTE]

No price increase is something we all can agree on. I would also like wider tires to go with the all wheel drive. A 300+ HP engine would demand it. Damn, what a fun car that would be. Like a downsized Corvette. How about a drop top version as well?

·
1,091 Posts
500 whp / 500wtq, auto and manual mode AWD, cut the current price in half, 100mpg in stop and go traffic, full dash navigation/entertainment/sync system, in-cabin adjustable ride height/damping suspension, recaro/bride seats, four wheel steering, carbon fiber/titanium monocoque frame, 13" brembos, revo-knuckles for the front, automatic rear spoiler that comes up at high speed, and keep the whole thing under 2500lbs.

Oh yes, and rocket launchers. For the people on the road who refuse to drive at least twice the speed limit.

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
500 whp / 500wtq, auto and manual mode AWD, cut the current price in half, 100mpg in stop and go traffic, full dash navigation/entertainment/sync system, in-cabin adjustable ride height/damping suspension, recaro/bride seats, four wheel steering, carbon fiber/titanium monocoque frame, 13" brembos, revo-knuckles for the front, automatic rear spoiler that comes up at high speed, and keep the whole thing under 2500lbs.

Oh yes, and rocket launchers. For the people on the road who refuse to drive at least twice the speed limit.
+1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts