2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I recently changed the battery on my 2010 and since then I haven't been able to set up the Bluetooth connection.

The BT SETUP option does not appear when I cycle through the modes using the AUDIO CONT button. Neither does the voice set up option work... When I press the talk button nothing happens. Everything else on the stereo works fine.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Any pointers would be super appreciated.

Cheers,
Jens

·
Registered
147 Posts
That menu is activated by the BT module that is separate from your head unit. I dare say that it may be possible the BT unit could dead.

I would try disconnecting the battery, waiting like 30 minutes and connecting again.

I know it's not the fuse the the BT module as it share the same fuses as your head unit.

If you have to replace the BT unit it should be easy to find at a salvage yard. Anything from model year 2010-2013 will work.

The swap isn't bad the BT module is behind the glove box.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks a ton for the quick reply. I'll give the battery idea a shot. I'll let you know either way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That menu is activated by the BT module that is separate from your head unit. I dare say that it may be possible the BT unit could dead.

I would try disconnecting the battery, waiting like 30 minutes and connecting again.

I know it's not the fuse the the BT module as it share the same fuses as your head unit.

If you have to replace the BT unit it should be easy to find at a salvage yard. Anything from model year 2010-2013 will work.

The swap isn't bad the BT module is behind the glove box.

Good luck
Just wanted to let you know that the battery approach didn't work so I'll be on the hunt for a replacement BT unit. Thanks again (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts