2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Change US front lights to European version

478 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  reddogy
Hello,
my friend have bought Mazda 3 from 2021 in USA and transported it to Europe (Poland).
On the place she found out that US version of front light are not compatible with EU law.
Mazda official service gave her a price of 1/3 of price of the car so she is really upset now.
Does anyone know if there is any solution to avoid spending 1/3 of car price to adjust/do something with light to match European law?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
T.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between ROW (rest of the world) and NAR (north American regulations) is the orange refector at the side of the headlight. You can try to get a hold of euro headlights (they should be the same connector, AFAIK) and install them and try them. Another thing you might need is headlight washers, which involves more wiring. Unfortunately, US regulations are severely outdated and even dangerous in some aspects. If only the Us could adapt ROW regulations to have safer cars.....
Reactions: 1
Hello,
my friend have bought Mazda 3 from 2021 in USA and transported it to Europe (Poland).
On the place she found out that US version of front light are not compatible with EU law.
Mazda official service gave her a price of 1/3 of price of the car so she is really upset now.
Does anyone know if there is any solution to avoid spending 1/3 of car price to adjust/do something with light to match European law?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
T.
Following
Perhaps if you could identify exactly what needs to be brought in to compliance you might find a solution. In other words, tell us what it is about the headlights that makes them illegal....
Reactions: 1
I think other possibilities to adapt the US headlights to EU specifications will be to found a technician that know to open the headlight and remove the yellow part from it.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts