2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note.

Manual says no matter what, max oil change interval is 10,000.

My indicator was at 20% after 11,500 when I changed it.

I’m sure it doesn’t matter, but I thought the indicator would let me know when to change the oil. It doesn’t keep the 10,000 max in mind.

:frown2:

·
Banned
842 Posts
Not sure what your questions are if any??

If you are concerned with the oil and what is going on in your engine, have a a sample analysis.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Oil analysis is a quick, nondestructive way to gauge the health of an engine by looking at what's in the oil. People use oil analysis for different reasons: to see if there are any problems developing, to see if their oil is working well in the engine, and to see if they can run longer oil changes. Get started with your analysis by ordering a free test kit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I go 5,000 miles on mine. I live in hot dusty Arizona along with my job which requires constant stop and go along with some idling. I go with the old school method of writing down/remembering when you last changed oil rather than going by an indicator or other electronic method of notification.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I go 5,000 miles on mine. I live in hot dusty Arizona along with my job which requires constant stop and go along with some idling. I go with the old school method of writing down/remembering when you last changed oil rather than going by an indicator or other electronic method of notification.
That’s generally how I do it but electronically. I usually set a calendar event 6 months from the day I change mine on my iPhone. I also use the cars little maintenance tab in the infotainment to set a set interval when to change the oil too. Currently I have it set to about 6000 mi so when that reaches about 250 left the cars maintenance light switches on to let me know it’s almost time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts