2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
datsunnyit
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , how change the language in JP CMU ? CMU version 28.
Change language from Japanese in English or Italian ?
thanks
regards

·
datsunnyit
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the text related at the buttons on mazda display are images or text.
Is possible change ( overwrite ) the jp text with ENGLISH text or other language text ?

·
datsunnyit
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone knows how to change the language from Japanese to US or EURO but keep the recognition of hardware DVD and TV TUNER (FEATURE OWN THE JAP CMU)

·
datsunnyit
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I have JAPAN CMU with MAZDA DVD and MAZDA TV TUNER ( used for open channel video external source example DVBT MP4 Player etc )

If make the UPDATE at V59 my CMU works correctly with MAZDA TV TUNER ? or not work with TV TUNER like EUROPE CMU ?

Where is available the V59 NA , EUROPE and JP version?
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Is there a post for a beginners guide. I have just purchased a 2014 Mazda 3. Japan import

The Firmware currently running is:

Is there any way to change this to English. I am willing to try different firmware versions as long as i can run the system in englsih.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK - so I've read several threads on converting the language on the Japanese CMU to English.

It seems to me all of them say try X, Y, or do A, B, C, etc. and then there's no further update to the thread, until someone else again asks about converting Japanese to English.

I even saw in another thread here that there was a new Japanese firmware version released that added the option to change between different languages, but nothing after that confirming such, or that it worked.

I don't have a 2014+ Mazda 3/Axela yet, but I am 90% ready to buy one. I'm just doing some research into whether the language of the CMU in the Japanese models that are available to me can in fact be changed to English. This will be a big ticket decider as I don't know Japanese.

This whole issue seems to involve a lot of tinkering with root files and code that I'm not familiar with. So before I rack my brain trying to follow and figure out those posts, could anyone say firstly whether it has been successfully done yet? Yea or Nay??

BTW - The forum seems very helpful, and I hope I can start contributing soon.

Thanks,
A Potential Soon-To-Be Mazda Axela owner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My JDM axela(2016) came with a firmware which allowed to change language. Now Ive updated to 59.449 EU firmware and system is working well except FM bandwidth is not showing correctly and no GPS signal in maps(With brand new map SD). But GPS signal is detected in Speedometer app and compass also working normally.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response!!!

Do you remember the Japanese firmware version your car came with? Did the option in it to change to english result in all the menus of the CMU converted to english, and did the voice commands change to english as well, where you could give verbal commands and have it respond in english (like "Call home", "Call Johnathan", etc.)?

I might be wrong, but from what I've read I don't think I can update from an older japanese firmware that doesn't allow me to change language straight to an english firmware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to all, can somebody help me pleaseee. I have just bought a mazda demio 10/2015. The system os is 55.00.650 JP M. I have read a lot of forums but i am confused on what is the correct procedure to follow to switch the language from japan to english. I have read that i should use the eu n firmware. I can see that there are version 31 and then upgrade to v70. Is it the correct procedure to follow? I check my os but i dont have the option the change the language from the settings menu. Please assist on how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts