2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Is it possible to go from OEM base radio to the OEM infotainment radio? Or would that require a complete transition to Bose and everything? Would that be worth it? I've noticed there's some Chinese market ones that are made for our Mazdas but I am nervous about buying one of those. So far no U.S. based companies have made a radio for our cars.

·
Registered
437 Posts
This has been asked a few times. It's more than just the "Bose" system, it's all of the other connections that the infotainment system requires that are not present in a non-infotainment car.

Honestly the infotainment doesn't get you much, you could spent a tenth of the money of what it would cost you and just get a nicer smartphone and a mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has been asked a few times. It's more than just the "Bose" system, it's all of the other connections that the infotainment system requires that are not present in a non-infotainment car.

Honestly the infotainment doesn't get you much, you could spent a tenth of the money of what it would cost you and just get a nicer smartphone and a mount.
Holy thread revival :x

If they are selling me the knob, the screen with the unit and the CD player, all with their respective harness, can it be done? I figure I would have everything and would only need to connect it to the cars computer. Is that correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts