2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

5341 - 5360 of 5408 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone knows if replacing manual gearbox with automatic one required any as-built changes? Thanks
automatic gearbox displays selected gear on IC
as i know ICs are different on turbo engines, gas/diesel, manual/auto gearbox

so it is hard to believe that there will be no problems with this swap at least without changing IC
and this will require a lot of changes in as-built

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally i activated the function MRCC+LIM on my M6 GTR 2018
720-04-23 B4 b6b5b4
stok value 011 (Standard MRCC)
new value 101 (MRCC with LIM)

after that LIM appeared, but there was an error U2300:56-8A
with help of SergSlim, fenglala, mak22223
it turned out that after changes related to the SBS and probably other safety modules, we need to initialize the module with data from the central configuration in FORScan
and it works

·
Registered
429 Posts
Anyone knows if replacing manual gearbox with automatic one required any as-built changes? Thanks
On my rough estimation they have in IC different (for every model) C103 block.
But whether correcting it to the proper one may help - nobody can tell You. Never heard any experience like that

·
Registered
429 Posts
I guess that:

720-04-08 B3 b2=1 + b1=0 means AT
720-04-08 B3 b2=0
+ b1=1 means MT

Whoever doubts - check on your own vehicle

·
Registered
87 Posts
I forgot, that the harness is different as well. I was thinking about swapping faulty manual gearbox for automatic one, but that is to big project to squeeze it in 2 weeks which I've got for whole repair. But I'll keep those info just in case. Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
One more pattern discovered in C103 block: RHD - LHD.

720-04-08 B3:
b5=1 + b4=0 - RHD
b5=0 + b4=1 - LHD.

Anybody can check in his vehicle & object when I'm wrong

Reactions: bctho.CX-5

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well, considering that I can't edit my old posts anymore, I can't continue writing the changelog in it.
Not big loss, but still...

UPD23: (10/09/2019): Changes in 6.19:
  • Changed 720-04(03)-xx to 720-04-xx, because it's redundant right not. All latest FORScan version have this block as 04, and not 03.
  • Because of this, I removed custom support of different Block numbers in IC, and hardcoded 04 as Source value of Block number. This also fixes the issue with FORScan versions 2.3.23+, which have changed logic of Block and Line numbering. Read more about it here.
  • Added findings by @enlil to FSC gen 2 tab. Block 02.
  • Some minor changes probably along the way.
UPD24: (02/08/2020): Changes in 6.20:
  • Made many changes when file was in 6.19 version. Was saving the file on top of the previous. Did not document all of them
  • Added CCC Research tab, created by @Nikodim. More questions can be asked directly to him
  • Added Cruise Control buttons mapping in 720-04-23 B4. Thanks to @mak22223
  • Changed FOW/SBS/DRSS/MRCC description in 720-04-17 B2. Thanks to @mak22223
  • Added MRCC Stop&Go, as per @joe_wang2018 and @sath89
  • Added RHD/LHD value in 720-04-08 B3, as per @Nikodim

·
Registered
20 Posts
  • Made many changes when file was in 6.19 version. Was saving the file on top of the previous. Did not document all of them
  • Added CCC Research tab, created by @Nikodim. More questions can be asked directly to him
Thanks @SergSlim, @Nikodim
how to use the CCC Research sheet?
step from "copy data from column O" onwards...is quite confusing.
I didn't see any data get refresh or something after paste to CCC Research sheet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Procedure to fill the new vehicle in to the new line of "CCC Research" tab as follows:
1. N_PAD
- in notepad mark the entire block of "CCC_DATA" the same way as You did before in order to fill the 720-04-XX block in IC tab, then on keyboard with "CTRL+C" copy this block into memory.
2. CCCC_1 - in "CCC Converter" tab, having choosen the cell B1, paste that block from memory into B1 cell by keyboard combination "CTRL+V".
3. CCCC_2 - in "CCC Converter" tab mark the block L3-L32 (for M3/M6/CX-5/CX-9 enough to mark L3-L16). Again use the keyboard combination "CTRL+C" to copy block into memory.
4. CCCC_3. After that choose the cell O3 in "CCC Converter" tab & with the right mouse button click call the menu for "Paste Special" procedure.
5. CCCC_4, where from the "Paste Values" sub-menu choose & click on the "Values (V)" icon. This way the O3-O32 column gets filled only with data values (instead of formulas, present earlier).
6. CCCC_5. Then mark there the entire block O3-O32 & with "CTRL+C" copy it into the memory.
7. CCCR_6. In "CCC Research" tab choose the cell in new line of C column & with right mouse button click call again the "Paste Special" sub-menu.
8. CCCR_7. Where from the upper "Paste" division choose & click the last icon with the hint "Transpose (T)".
9. CCCR_8. This way all the cells of 720-04-XX block in the new line get filled in.
That's it.
Unfortunately, all the other data in the new line up to the moment can be filled in only manually, as the automated procedure is rather complicated.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Generally, the "CCC Research" tab has been developed in order to make easier the overview of any vehicles configuration, comparison & differences (with the others), and the features research. Also, it is completely synchronised with the "Central Configuration" of Forscan capabilities.
Comparing the difference between vehicles configuration of two or several vehicles in the tabs like IC, R-BCM, F-BCM really make a headache, as they were developed for other purposes. In "CCC Research" tab (having a little practice) You'll find it much more easier, as the tab has been created exactly for these purposes.
Good luck, and expect soon You to become a good analyser with new features research ideas

·
Registered
38 Posts
So actually I have success with this project. "full led" headlights that I bought and installed first were just leds with ALM. Also I bought AFS module, not ALH (ADB). During July 2020 I found AHL headlights and ADB module, we installed them, put all wires (to the sensor, module, ADB, headlights). Changed as-built configs and here it is! I have fully workable AHL headlights (previously I had just halogen headlights). Thanks @SergSlim and Roma for the help!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Nice work. Well done. Some weeks ago I was successful in changing AFS LED headlights to ALH LED headlights in my CX-5 KE 2016 (change AFS to ADB module and initialise it, change/unpin cables, change as-built config). But that was most probably less work than you had (coming from halogen headlights) with the installation and wiring of the new sensor and new AFS/ADB module, as I already had both installed from factory. Hopefully I find time soon to write a more detailed report.

·
Registered
458 Posts
UPD25: (04/08/2020): Changes in 6.20:
  • Added FORScan Backup columns to RCM, RBCM, FBCM, SSU, IC, FSC Gen 1, FSC Gen2 - this allows using Save All in Forscan and simply copy-paste data from *.abt file into Excel. No need to manually type in each byte anymore.
  • Few minor changes here and there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
UPD25: (04/08/2020): Changes in 6.20:
  • Added FORScan Backup columns to RCM, RBCM, FBCM, SSU, IC, FSC Gen 1, FSC Gen2 - this allows using Save All in Forscan and simply copy-paste data from *.abt file into Excel. No need to manually type in each byte anymore.
  • Few minor changes here and there.
Hi @SergSlim
tested some row not working after paste to excel, other sheet also same issue.
earlier 6.20 was ok.

·
Registered
458 Posts
5341 - 5360 of 5408 Posts