2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

5321 - 5340 of 5409 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
@patvin89 :
Glad for you, that it worked for the M3.
Correct, your M6 values indicate, that the driver seatbelt beeper (while driving over 20 km/h) is disabled by default/from factory. Is it?
I had a small test drive focused on this feature and it was signalizing seat belt, but not so frequently like on M3. It is not disabled from my point of view.

It doesn't make sense for me that it should be disabled by default. My expectation was that it is mandatory based on some EU regulations, but maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm still working on LAS Timing.
Bits highlighted in gray are those which their function is already known. The ones in yellow are the ones I'm investigating and think may be related to LAS.
View attachment 277958
In objection to your table I'd present few examples of NA Cars regarding bits 720-04-27 B2 b4&b5:
JM3TCBBY1K0314351,
JM3TCBBY2J0204195,
JM1GL1UM4L1512772.
Regarding the bit b2 really a lot of NA Market cars since 2018 have this bit enabled. But all NA MX-5 have it disabled, for instance. And do not forget that b3 there is relevant to enable the dynamic lines.
So, I would hardly consider b2 to belong to LAS

Reactions: enlil

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a small test drive focused on this feature and it was signalizing seat belt, but not so frequently like on M3. It is not disabled from my point of view.

It doesn't make sense for me that it should be disabled by default. My expectation was that it is mandatory based on some EU regulations, but maybe I am wrong.
I checked the user's guide and it's enabled for both front seats.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is there anybody with LED Turn Lights to contribute his F-BCM & R-BCM config for study?

·
Registered
25 Posts
forscan---configuration and programming---SBS/MRCC module initialization/relearn from central configration
Will it remove the error U2300:56-8A?
I read about the calibration procedure, will initialization lead to the need for calibration? Because in my opinion this procedure is rather complicated, or it onli reset error?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will it remove the error U2300:56-8A?
I read about the calibration procedure, will initialization lead to the need for calibration? Because in my opinion this procedure is rather complicated, or it onli reset error?
yes.it remove the error U2300:56
no recalibration is required
calibration still exists.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Find herewith attached the revised & updated FSC-2g. config list of correspondence to Mazda models & market regions

Attachments

Reactions: Tristan-cx5

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi, super noob question, computers are not my forte.... can the Tactrix Openport 2.0 work with FORScan?
If not, what is the best recommendation for a FORScan adapter?
All I want is to enable the features of the auto-door locking & unlocking while driving as per the first page.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
As far as I know, you can not use the Tactrix OBD Adapter, as it only sees HS_CAN (so yes, partially the Tactrix can be used with ForScan), but not MS_CAN. You have to change the values in the RBCM. But the R_BCM is only visible to ForScan via MS-CAN. So another OBD Adapter is necessary. I would recommend a USB type with a switch on it for the change between MS CAN and HS CAN. Just search your local ebay/amazon for ELM327 Forscan and Mazda. Could look like this:
01.PNG

·
Registered
458 Posts
Two separate people wrote me regarding 720-04-17 B2.
Both having CX-5.

One person has a 2018 CX-5.
He retrofitted radar in his car and activated stop & go by setting 720-04-17 B2 b1 -> 1.

Another person has a 2015 CX-5.
He experimented with b7-b4 bits in the same byte.
His findings:

720-04-17 B2
SBS/FOW/DRSS/MRCC:
b7b6b5b4
0000 — Wrong conf
0001 — no SBS/FOW/DRSS/MRCC
0010 — SBS/MRCC
0011 — MRCC
0100 — SBS
0101 — FOW
0110 — DRSS
0111 — SBS/DRSS/MRCC
1000 — FOW/DRSS/MRCC
1001 — FOW/MRCC
1010 — DRSS/MRCC
1011 — SBS/DRSS
1100 — FOW/DRSS
1101 — SBS/FOW/DRSS? Wrong conf
1110 — SBS/FOW/DRSS? Wrong conf
1111 — SBS/FOW/DRSS? Wrong conf

Reactions: mak22223

·
Registered
985 Posts
As far as I know, you can not use the Tactrix OBD Adapter, as it only sees HS_CAN (so yes, partially the Tactrix can be used with ForScan), but not MS_CAN. You have to change the values in the RBCM. But the R_BCM is only visible to ForScan via MS-CAN. So another OBD Adapter is necessary. I would recommend a USB type with a switch on it for the change between MS CAN and HS CAN. Just search your local ebay/amazon for ELM327 Forscan and Mazda. Could look like this:
View attachment 278015
Thanks Tristan!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone knows if replacing manual gearbox with automatic one required any as-built changes? Thanks
There's a TCM value at least that probably needs to be changed.

5321 - 5340 of 5409 Posts