2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4901 - 4920 of 5075 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Autohold:

Here is described, what I did today in preparation for connecting the Autohold switch of the CX-5 KF to my CX-5 KE 2016 - hopefully without having to make changes in any AS Built data. If anyone knows more about Autohold and AS Built data, please share...

Today I checked the connectors and pins in my CX-5 2016 for Autohold. As expected the two cables are missing - marked in the CX-5 KF 2017+ wiring of my last post #4896. As I had a spare wiring harness, I found some pins/cables which fitted in the connectors (2 had to be modified slightly). I opened the existing connectors and checked, which new pins I needed from the spare wiring harness (not identical/perfetly fitting). When I put the new pins in the connectors (remember to open/close the security bars on top or at the front of the connectors), the connectors fitted perfectly in their female housings. Other way would be to identify the pins and buy the perfect same ones or to buy new perfectly fitting wiring harnesses. But I was not willing to invest so much, as we do not know so far, if just changing the EPB switch will enable Autohold at an CX-5 2016, as it was from factory only from 2017 onwards. Perhaps we also have to change the EPB control module for the activation... or other things might happen - like DTC in the IC module, due to a perhaps missing "HOLD" icon or Autohold will not work at all without the activation via Forscan, but no one knows so far, which bit(s) to change for that. We`ll see...

Spare Wiring Harness:
01_spare wiring harness_dashboard_cx5_2014.jpg

EPB Switch (no Autohold switch/button yet, so I did not connect the cables with the EPB control module) - Photos have names - read them for a better understanding:
02_switch_connector.jpg 03_switch_connector upside-down.jpg 04_switch_connector front.jpg 05_switch_connector  - unlocked front.jpg 06_switch_connector  - unlocked side.jpg 07_switch_connector - new pins inserted.jpg
New cables in last picture (color does not matter): violet/yellow and white.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello
Thank you all for your explanations. I did not know this function.
My thought .... All these driving aids are great but soon we will no longer need to know how to drive or pay attention to driving. Some functions are very reassuring and others lead to irresponsibility.
It's just my thought.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
See some posts above for the history of my Autohold-wiring/retrofitting start.

Today I tried to install the Autohold button (EPB switch) of the CX-5 KF in my KE. Unfortunately it did not work at all with my EPB control module in my CX-5 KE. So I had to reverse everything back the standard EPB switch without Autohold.
The new EPB switch with Autohold did not engage or free the brakes. And in the IC the red parking brake icon as well as the orange parking brake icon with "!" lighted up.
And the case/trim around the EPB switch needs to be cut out, if one would install it permanently, as in the KF there is no case around and the blind button/no button is at that case. See photos for more details.
Perhaps it is possible to install the EPB control module of the KF in the KE and that enables Autohold. But its not that easy to find a cheap one which can be shipped to my country at the moment.
If anyone ever retrofitted Autohold and has hints/tipps, please let me know.

Comparsion (left: case/trim of KE; middle: EPB switch without Autohold from KE; right: EPB switch with Autohold from KF):
01.jpg

EPB switch with Autohold connected - errors/DTC only:
02.jpg 03.jpg DTC 01 nach Einbau neuer EPB Switch.JPG DTC 02 nach Einbau neuer EPB Switch.JPG

Case/trim around the EPB switch at my CX-5 KE:
04_KE-case_rear.jpg 05_KE-case_front.jpg

No case/trim around EPB switch at CX-5 KF (one piece trim):
06_KF_no_case at all.jpg

I might be wrong, but I assume, that only the KF has Autohold, and no KE has Autohold, so the case has to be modified by hand (cut-out), if somewhen all other issues are solved.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda CX-5 2.0 2WD
8 Posts
See some posts above for the history of my Autohold-wiring/retrofitting start.

Today I tried to install the Autohold button (EPB switch) of the CX-5 KF in my KE. Unfortunately it did not work at all with my EPB control module in my CX-5 KE. So I had to reverse everything back the standard EPB switch without Autohold.
The new EPB switch with Autohold did not engage or free the brakes. And in the IC the red parking brake icon as well as the orange parking brake icon with "!" lighted up.
And the case/trim around the EPB switch needs to be cut out, if one would install it permanently, as in the KF there is no case around and the blind button/no button is at that case. See photos for more details.
Perhaps it is possible to install the EPB control module of the KF in the KE and that enables Autohold. But its not that easy to find a cheap one which can be shipped to my country at the moment.
If anyone ever retrofitted Autohold and has hints/tipps, please let me know.

Comparsion (left: case/trim of KE; middle: EPB switch without Autohold from KE; right: EPB switch with Autohold from KF):
View attachment 276221

EPB switch with Autohold connected - errors/DTC only:
View attachment 276222 View attachment 276223 View attachment 276227 View attachment 276228

Case/trim around the EPB switch at my CX-5 KE:
View attachment 276224 View attachment 276225

No case/trim around EPB switch at CX-5 KF (one piece trim):
View attachment 276226

I might be wrong, but I assume, that only the KF has Autohold, and no KE has Autohold, so the case has to be modified by hand (cut-out), if somewhen all other issues are solved.
As I know, KE facelifted CX-5 to have autohold feature activated, in addition to EPB switch, gotta replace with KF EPB module, ABS pump and wire harness as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi.
where is the latest as built Excel file?:rolleyes:
why is it not in first post? its difficault to find it :cry:. ask admin to send the latest files to first page.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a Canadian model 2017 CX-5 GT with LED DRL's. I want the day time running lights to be only the LED DRL's during the day like in Europe. I don't want the headlights ON with the LED DRL's. Can anyone share their FBCM to compare to mine? Are US vehicle the same, headlights also turn on with LED during the day?
same problem with my Canadian 2018 mazda 3 GT. No solution yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
7B7-01-01 5DD2 0006 E1D6
7B7-01-02 A51A 4300 20E3
Hi mate, new to mazda3revolution
Can you please assist me with auto door lock values for mazda 3

current values

7B7
7B7-01-01 5DD2 0006 E1D6
7B7-01-02 A51A 4300 20E3
Hi mate, I am new to mazda3revolution and wanting to activate auto door lock hack.
Can you please assist me with the values on RBCM

my current values
7B7-01-01 0150 0004 A3B8
7B7-01-02 A50A 0300 087B

·
Registered
355 Posts
7B7-01-01 01D0 0004 A338
7B7-01-02 A50A 0300 2093

In case of problems be sure that in:
7B7-02-01 0000.. to change at least to 0001.. (later it can be changed in CMU menu)

·
Registered
147 Posts
im also trying to enable autohold on my mazda3, but using a Mazda6 2018 EPB module. I add the two missing wires and the new module, the module works fine but I'm unable to enable autohold... I'll check as-build differences

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Perhaps also a new ABS pump and wire harness are needed for Autohold as well as bctho.CX-5 posted earlier. But I am looking forward to your AS-built findings.

Edit: Hopefully no new ABS pump is necessary, as there are lots of different versions for the KF which should bring Autohold with them... different ones for KF 2017 and KF 2018 - and then different ones with different functions... hard to find the correct one for using it in a KE.
You could have a look yourself at www.ilcats.ru (or any other catalogue site) in sections "chassis piping & fuel -> Antilock BrakeSystem -> 437A0 UNIT,HYDRAULIC-ABS".

4901 - 4920 of 5075 Posts