2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4881 - 4900 of 5249 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi experts, any ideal of how to activate AutoHold function with using AS built?
initially I thought maybe can’t activate, but recently I saw on TaoBao got OBD2 type plug in AutoHold Function, which means plug in that thing, it will work as AutoHold.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone!
I have been comparing As-Built data trying to activate TSR on IC.
I think this feature is activated by changing the 720-01-02 block in IC.
It is one of the only blocks that changes in cars that have this feature and cars that don't. It appears to be more complicated than changing a single bit. I am thinking the codes are different for different types of ICs.

EDIT:
Value 720-01-02 B1:b3 seems to be related to this feature. (1 = show signs on ic, 0 = no signs on ic). (not tested)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hill Launch Assist (HLA, only working at hills) and Auto Hold (also works at even roads) are different things.

Hill Launch Assist (HLA):

Auto Hold:

Here states someone, that he added Auto Hold to a CX-5, but unfortunately did not go into details or explained anything at all:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hill Launch Assist (HLA, only working at hills) and Auto Hold (also works at even roads) are different things.

Hill Launch Assist (HLA):

Auto Hold:

Here states someone, that he added Auto Hold to a CX-5, but unfortunately did not go into details or explained anything at all:
Hi, it's very useful function special inside the city, my cx5 2016.5 also doesn't have it by factory.
does it work by buying and install the auto hold pushing button ?
I think it will activate by installing the button by itself as soon as car detect the button.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi, it's very useful function special inside the city, my cx5 2016.5 also doesn't have it by factory.
does it work by buying and install the auto hold pushing button ?
I think it will activate by installing the button by itself as soon as car detect the button.

I think it not working. How to display on IC (HOLD light) when it activated?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
@apnt1984 : I have not found any CX-5 KE (2012-2017) yet, which has this Auto Hold Button installed from factory. Also in the inofficial online catalogues no part number is given for the KE. But for the CX-5 KF (2017+) it is part number: KD2W-66-EP0 (EPB switch with Auto Hold)
I guess that it might fit into the KE as well. It`s worth a try to check, if its possible via plug and play (and connect two wires) or if the EPB module has to be changed as well to one of the KF model. According to the wiring diagrams of the KF and KE one or the other should work (only switch (+2 wires) or additionally EPB module).
I can not say anything about the IC "hold" icon - but as luyenok stated, it might not be displayed in the KE, when AutoHold is active.

CX-5 KE wiring (2016):
KE wiring EPB.JPG KE wiring EPB connectors.JPG
CX-5 KF wiring (2018):
KF 0412_1 EPB wiring_marked.JPG
Two wires are most probably missing in the KE and most probably have to be added/connected if installing the EPB switch with Auto Hold from the KF in the KE:
  • red dot with red dot and blue dot with blue dot in connectors 0412-101B (control module) and 0412-102 (switch)
  • these wires most probably are not there yet (at the CX-5 KE 2016)

EPB control module in console/under armrest/coffecup holder (KE 2016):
EPB control module location.JPG Screenshot_20200402-214810_ES File Explorer_2.jpg KE epb control module.JPG

Hope that helps a little?

... and yes, I also will give it a try. As allegro.pl does not ship to my country temporary (perhaps due to corona), I ordered the switch here at ebay.de today. Will keep you posted, when I have news.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello
My thinking may be "silly" ...
Why talk AutoHold and change the parking brake button when the original button does the job ....

On my CX5 KE 2016 (manual gearbox) when I press the parking brake button, it works (until then everything is normal ...) but:
  • if I put on the seat belt,
  • if I use the clutch
  • if I pass a gear (1st or rear),
  • when I accelerate and activate the clutch:
The parking brake is automatically removed.
Isn't this a function identical to Autohold with the same action on the parking brake button to start it?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No, its not identical. Autohold (if activated) also holds your brake e.g. at the traffic light automatically. Perhaps it helps to read the manual of the CX-5 KF (2017+) - available at your local mazda country site (here) under manuals for cx-5 2017, where Autohold is explained in detail. So far I also have not read it, but will do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello
My thinking may be "silly" ...
Why talk AutoHold and change the parking brake button when the original button does the job ....

On my CX5 KE 2016 (manual gearbox) when I press the parking brake button, it works (until then everything is normal ...) but:
  • if I put on the seat belt,
  • if I use the clutch
  • if I pass a gear (1st or rear),
  • when I accelerate and activate the clutch:
The parking brake is automatically removed.
Isn't this a function identical to Autohold with the same action on the parking brake button to start it?
Auto hold works exactly in opposite way than what you said and actually what you explained is auto releasing parking brake, indeed Auto hold engages the parking brake automatically and don't need to put the gear in P mode or engage parking brake manually before remove your foot from brake pedal for resting, for example when you stay a few seconds behind the traffic lights or junctions and it will repeat many times in short route with high traffic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Autohold does not engage the parking brake for you at a stop. It simply holds the braking force that you have applied. That means that you do not hear any noise of the parking brake operating underneath the vehicle when you come to a stop. Then when you press the gas pedal the car will start moving and it feels like you simply let go of the brake pedal. (you dont hear the sound of the parking brake disengaging).
One more way it is different is that the brake lights stay turned on while autohold is holding your car in position.

Autohold and the electronic parking brake are really separate features, but for safety autohold relies on having an electronic parking break as a fail safe in case the system malfunctions or you do something stupid. For example when you open your door forgetting that you are still in drive, the parking break will immediately apply.

4881 - 4900 of 5249 Posts