2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4861 - 4880 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have just checked the service manual for Mazda 3 BM 2014 and I am confused. It says the camera is connected to the CMU. I checked the RBCM scheme and there is nothing about the video. See attached sshots. Then I checked the CMU scheme and I can see the video power, video ground. I will post the pictures in next post. So where the C20 connector comes from? I thought it is from RBCM. But it seems it is connected to the CMU. The connector of the CMU where I can see the video wires is different from the C20 on my previous picture. So the C20 is not from CMU and also not from RBCM? How can I get the scheme :D

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Should I leave the wiring as is (i.e. I will cut off my current camera and wire the Power, Ground, Video+, Video- of my new camera in the same way) and then connect the MS CAN L and MS CAN H to the RBCM, i.e. I will disassamble the trunk to get to the RBCM?

·
Registered
355 Posts
It looks like You're on the correct way.
There're though just the two moments which You've to consider:
1. Your present rear camera is now power supplied from CMU via 0920-301A/1C line at the time while your rear gear is engaged, but (according to your presented earlier diagram 0920-3h) the new camera with dynamic lines gets permanent power supply from ignition relay. In this case I've no idea how the picture switching on CMU is possible.
2. You'll be not able to activate the dynamic lines working, unless your vehicle is equipped with the correct "CLOCK SPRING" module, which supports SCBS & some other features (& has additional sensor for wheel direction PIDs). Without those PIDs operating there's no chance to see the dynamic lines

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like You're on the correct way.
There're though just the two moments which You've to consider:
1. Your present rear camera is now power supplied from CMU via 0920-301A/1C line at the time while your rear gear is engaged, but (according to your presented earlier diagram 0920-3h) the new camera with dynamic lines gets permanent power supply from ignition relay. In this case I've no idea how the picture switching on CMU is possible.
2. You'll be not able to activate the dynamic lines working, unless your vehicle is equipped with the correct "CLOCK SPRING" module, which supports SCBS & some other features (& has additional sensor for wheel direction PIDs). Without those PIDs operating there's no chance to see the dynamic lines
ad 1) I am sorry. It is difficult for me to understand the technical stuffs. Where have you got the "0920-301A/1C" and "0920-3h". The "1C" and "3h" is the wire and the "0920-301A" and "0920" is connector? Where to find the connector names?
How do you know the camera gets permanent power supply? I thought I will leave the 4 power and video cables as they are now. I thought I will connect only the 3 extra wires. Here is a thread with a guy who connected the camera to the car Upgrade from M3 BN rear camera to M6/CX-5 camera
ad 2) I know my car has to have special HW. It is ok. My car supports Adaptive Front Lighting System. It knows what is the position of the wheel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
1. 0920-3h - is the schematic drawing which You've presented earlier (upper right corner of that drawing). And on that drawing You can find the connector 0920-301A of CMU module with connections for 2 different cameras: on the left side of that drawing that connection leads to camera with DYNAMIC LINES, while on the right side of the drawing the same connector of CMU module leads to camera with STATIC LINES. There You can see, that the camera with the static lines takes power from pin 1C of 0920-301A connector (that pin is listed also in the other pictures of connections for CMU as the power supply for camera). Meantime on the left side of that schematic drawing (which corresponds to camera with dynamic lines) You cannot find the 1C pin connected to that camera, but the leftmost pin of camera connector takes power from the ignition relay. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

2. The gist is, that there're several PIDs in the vehicle, presenting the STEERING WHEEL ANGLE, & they belong to different modules. But, the PIDs which You need for DYNAMIC LINES are controlled by that CLOCK SPRING. That fact is cross-checked & definite by several people, the necessary connection goes from CLOCK SPRING to SSU module & is named "STEERING ANGLE SENSOR". The other couple PIDs which also present the STEERING WHEEL ANGLE in reality belong to ABS module, which have no use for DYNAMIC LINES CAMERA

·
Registered
355 Posts
Try to check the PIDs of SSU module:
STR_AB_ANG,
STR_ANG_S,
STR_ANG_S_A,
STR_ANG_S_B,
STR_A_ANG_A,
STR_A_ANG_B

whether they change the value while rotating the driver wheel with ignition on.

This way You'll find out whether You have chances to activate DYNAMIC LINES

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try to check the PIDs of SSU module:
STR_AB_ANG,
STR_ANG_S,
STR_ANG_S_A,
STR_ANG_S_B,
STR_A_ANG_A,
STR_A_ANG_B

whether they change the value while rotating the driver wheel with ignition on.

This way You'll find out whether You have chances to activate DYNAMIC LINES
Where can I check the values? Using OBD adapter?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a Canadian model 2017 CX-5 GT with LED DRL's. I want the day time running lights to be only the LED DRL's during the day like in Europe. I don't want the headlights ON with the LED DRL's. Can anyone share their FBCM to compare to mine? Are US vehicle the same, headlights also turn on with LED during the day?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Where can I check the values? Using OBD adapter?
Besides the 2 points which I've mentioned earlier You'll have to change the value in 720-04-27 B2b3 to 1 with proper corrections to 720-04-01

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Besides the 2 points which I've mentioned earlier You'll have to change the value in 720-04-27 B2b3 to 1 with proper corrections to 720-04-01
I know. I have read it here before.

Hello,
it is my wiring on my CX3 whit a Aliexpress camera View attachment 275951
My harness is C-20. No idea where to get the scheme or what harness it is. RBCM? Or is it combination of RBCM and CMU wires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, looking for some help here with a uk spec 2012 model mazda6 auto lock feature. it is registered in 2015 i have the codes from forscan. i thought i had edited the r-bcm file correctly but keep getting a configuration error so if anyone can help that would be great. i have spent numerous hours looking at the beginning of this thread to see what i have missed but my head is fried now. Below are the codes from my original AB file

7B7-01-01 9D52 0006 E196
7B7-01-02 A507 D300 0848
7B7-01-03 0018 9000 6A
7B7-02-01 0078 10AB 00F1

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Try:
7B7-01-01 9DD2 0006 E116
7B7-01-02 A507 D300 2060
7B7-02-01 A078 10AB 0094

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try:
7B7-01-01 9DD2 0006 E116
7B7-01-02 A507 D300 2060
7B7-02-01 A078 10AB 0094
Thank you i will give that a go tomorrow, I made the 7B7-01-01 the same but never got the other 2, think i had confused myself by then. never had to work with these codes before. thanks for your time

4861 - 4880 of 5074 Posts