2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

4781 - 4798 of 4798 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi guys,

Having fun with M3 and ABS unit. Mine died because.. Well, it had a front impact, so housing had a crack. Before I get the used one, I would like to know how deep in a sheeet I am.

Basically speaking, question is:

Can I buy any ABS unit from 17-18 M3 disregarding the part number on the sticker... And make the adaptation / relearning / clearing the used unit with ForScan?

I don't have my As-built configuration for ABS unit, as my current unit is dead. And as you may know, ABS don't have As-built in database where you can enter VIN and check.

Any suggestions how to make this less painful?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi guys,

Having fun with M3 and ABS unit. Mine died because.. Well, it had a front impact, so housing had a crack. Before I get the used one, I would like to know how deep in a sheeet I am.

Basically speaking, question is:

Can I buy any ABS unit from 17-18 M3 disregarding the part number on the sticker... And make the adaptation / relearning / clearing the used unit with ForScan?

I don't have my As-built configuration for ABS unit, as my current unit is dead. And as you may know, ABS don't have As-built in database where you can enter VIN and check.

Any suggestions how to make this less painful?

There is no abs asbuilt. It gets all of its configuration from the IC. You can swap your abs module and use forscan to relearn vehicle data.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no abs asbuilt. It gets all of its configuration from the IC. You can swap your abs module and use forscan to relearn vehicle data.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say about As-built and the ABS module.

Surely they have no difference in hardware? I suppose you understand that I am interested in used ABS unit from other car, not the new one from dealership for tons of money.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Actually the ABS AsBuilt contains only 1 line in it:
7600301006B.

And it looks like this line everybody has the same.
In order to be able to use your LAS/SCBS (in case You used them before) You need to find in secondhand the same model as your original ABS module. In case You cannot figure out which one You had before, I can suggest You to find the model which I have in my M3 2017 - BAAP-437A0, supporting those features

·
Registered
171 Posts
The hardware is different between abs modules. The one without scbs or mrcc is different to the one that supports scbs.

You can tell which one you have by connecting forscan and enabling the abs pump. If you can hear the pump, it doesn't support scbs. If you can't hear the pump loudly, yours supports scbs/mrcc.

Here's the part number that supports it:
IMG_20200215_135626.jpg

·
Registered
405 Posts
The hardware is different between abs modules. The one without scbs or mrcc is different to the one that supports scbs.

You can tell which one you have by connecting forscan and enabling the abs pump. If you can hear the pump, it doesn't support scbs. If you can't hear the pump loudly, yours supports scbs/mrcc.

What are the functional differences between them?

·
Registered
54 Posts

View attachment 275405
I can't connect to the pump electrical module , because its dead. If it was alive, I would not look for a used one.

Mines is different from yours.. And yes, i have scbs. I have already seen lots of part numbers for these pumps and its basically impossible to identify their specifications.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Then it's definitely the model BACS-437A0A which You need. In case when You cannot find it used anywhere - try to find BAAP-437A0 (as mine), it also supports SCBS

·
Registered
54 Posts
As said previously.. there is nothing about the part number. Everything that matters hide inside.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
As said previously.. there is nothing about the part number. Everything that matters hide inside.

I presume, that if parts catalogue gives 2 options of pumps, with and without sbsc, then basically speaking , there will be lots of pumps with different part numbers that fit my car.
I believe if I see that the donor car has a SBSC on the window, then it should fit. Right?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Technically - YES.
Not sure about how good the other modules of different Mazda models can fit to your car, but You have been looking for M3 2017-2018. Mine is M3 2017

·
Registered
54 Posts
Of course, I will be looking only for a M3 2017-2018MY. Can anyone tell me exactly how relearn should be done?
I am keen with Forscan , but never done this procedure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks to @Tomi1 from FORScan forums, added Headlights Washer bit to FBCM

·
Registered
812 Posts
@enlil: Thanks for your effort. Could you please explain how to use it? As most of us might not know how to use a python file... If I rename it (delete *.pdf) to *.py and start it in Windows 10, the "Code Writer" app opens, but there is no option to start/execute the file.

4781 - 4798 of 4798 Posts